DSP56300 synth VST

mridlen

DSP56300 synth VST

Post by mridlen »

This Virus clone looks pretty sick...

https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/

Any help on getting this running. I found a Virus C bin file and put that in the VST folder, and it's running, but the menus don't stay open. Do you think it's a problem of the coder or is there something I can do to work around this issue.
mcbpete

Re: DSP56300 synth VST

Post by mcbpete »

Aye been watching the progress of this for a while now - Be interesting to see what other devices they manage to emulate. The problem of the menus vanishing is another examples of JUCE (and possibly other) created VST/i not playing nice with Polac ( viewtopic.php?t=2658 )

Workaround until this bug is vanquished is here - viewtopic.php?p=14977#p14977 (hold down CTRL & ALT with the mouse over the VST GUI to bring up the menu shown in that screenshot)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Thanks... this VST might be a little too power hungry for my current rig, but maybe they will put in some CPU settings.
polac

Post by polac »

I had it running here with virus c, it reacts to midi. Then i tried to get also a (commercial) virus editor running, linked it to the dsp56300 via midi send, it crashed unfortunately. Perhaps there is a bug with midi sysex messages in combination with the vst bridge, i thought i have implemented it properly, hmm.