Control 2 Polac VSTs with one track?

addjunk

Control 2 Polac VSTs with one track?

Post by addjunk »

Hi everyone,

I've been using a lot of layering techniques lately, and I was wondering how I could use just one track to control several polac vst machines but I haven't been able to do so yet...

It would make my life so much easier when sequencing one synth track with many layers though!

Hopefully somebody will know how to do this.

Thanks a lot for your input and advice
Cheers
Yann
magmavander

Re: Control 2 Polac VSTs with one track?

Post by magmavander »

Peer machines ?
IXix

Post by IXix »

IX Split will let you send notes to multiple machines but it won't do pitch bend and such, only notes.
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

I think a PyBuzz script could do this. I forget the details, but if you have a Polac MIDI tracker (?) and put your note and control commands into it, the OnMidiNote and OnMidiControlChange should pick up the events. You can then target other VSTs and send this data to them.

I can look closer at this at some point if it helps you. Pretty sure I did something similar once upon a time. Won't be for at least a week as I'm writing a track for a compilation and the deadline is soon . . .
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

I *think* you can just use the MIDI Send from the right click menu of the Polac Internal MIDI machine (or the machine with the same name as your MIDI controller, if you have one hooked up) and use that to target multiple VST machines.
addjunk

Post by addjunk »

Thanks I will try to experiment what you suggested, although I already tried to use polac midi send but couldn't figure out how to use it properly.