Korg Wavestate

mridlen

Korg Wavestate

Post by mridlen »

So I picked up a lightly used Korg Wavestate for around $550 and the companion VST for $50.

Works perfectly with Buzz / polac. Just needed to do a "scan shell" for vst3 on it.

Not a powerhouse by workstation standards, probably similar to the Yamaha CS2X. Its a very basic 4 layer sampler. But it is easyish to program, and the VST is patch compatible. Each layer gets 3 dedicated effect modules, and the filter selection is pretty good. You can load your own sounds in as well.

Hopefully this VST trend continues. Thinking about getting a Korg Opsix for similar reasons.

BTW, was feeling guilty about not supporting Buzz but the donate button isn't working. So I guess I'll have to live with the guilt for now. :? :twisted:
commadore65

Re: Korg Wavestate

Post by commadore65 »

Polac seems to keep the wrappers up to date (vst3 support was available really quickly after release.)

Hopefully below links are ok for donate links.

Polac:-
https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/

Buzz forum:-
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1979
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

His donate button is broken too! :lol:
polac

Post by polac »

Yeah you were right, it was broken, nevertheless i got an donation via polac[at]gmx.de as it seems. The button is working now again. Thanks for mentioning and donating. :)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

The wavestate plays my backing track if I am willing to sacrifice a layer, and you only get 4 layers. But its only a 37 key so thats probably enough for 37 keys. And I have something like 3GB of song storage space on the wavestate. Good for minimal gear shows. The guitar amp sim is pretty cool too.

I was also looking at the Kurzweil PC4 which can be rigged similarly as far as backing tracks, and is much more powerful. You have to sacrifice a layer, but you get 16. My current Kurzweil PC3 has seen better days and probably needs new ends on it. Also it doesn't power on either...