Can't start Buzz on Windows 11 anymore

domtron

Can't start Buzz on Windows 11 anymore

Post by domtron »

I'm on Windows 11. Using the latest Polac Adapter version. Did a VST3 scan. Buzz hangs, I killed it with the Task Manager. Since then Buzz will not start up anymore. New Buzz install doesn't work. Compatibility message "Can't start 32 Bit child process". That's awful because if I don't find a solution I have to set up Windows 11 again!
If anybody has a solution please help me, otherwise I have to set up Windows 11 again this weekend and that's a lot of work.

>Edit:
Buzz will start after 6-7 times hammering the Buzz exe! I mean 30 times :|
nathansnider

Re: Can't start Buzz on Windows 11 anymore

Post by nathansnider »

Since it started after scanning for VSTs, maybe there's some clash between PVST and a particular plugin. If there are new plugins you've added since the last time Buzz worked normally, try moving the .dll or .vst3 files to a temporary directory outside the PVST scan path. If Buzz starts normally, you've found the issue.

If not, you can try moving *all* VST plugins to a temporary directory and see if Buzz starts then. If it does, close Buzz and move half of the plugins back to their original directories and try again. Just proceed by process of elimination, moving files in and out of the scan path and restarting Buzz until you find the problematic plugin. It's tedious, but probably less tedious than reinstalling Windows.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

I don't know if this helps , but when I was sick as mud about this,, 'buzz wont start anymore', I tried to:

polac files delete
domtron

Post by domtron »

Thanks a lot, both of you!
I deleted the Polac Folder from App Roaming and Buzz started again. At least I know now who is Buzz's Child :D