A working XY Pad/ morphing between 4 sources

Grids

A working XY Pad/ morphing between 4 sources

Post by Grids »

I was wondering if there is a working XY pad

Alternatively, are there any Buzz synths that can slowly morph between four different sources/wave types? I found a really old 32 bit vsti called Quillcom Blender that does this but I'd love to have more flexibility etc.

I like the idea of having at least four different sources with different timbres and morphing between these to create evolving textures.

It seems that an XY pad is an interesting way to do this.

I found a really old 7900 XY pad but it was in beta and I couldn't get it to work or assign properly at all.

Thoughts?
nathansnider

Re: A working XY Pad/ morphing between 4 sources

Post by nathansnider »

PeerCtrl has an XY window (in the right-click menu, I think?) that lets you use the left, right and middle mouse buttons to control three separate pairs of XY parameters.
Grids

Post by Grids »

For some reason, Peer Control is the one Peer machine that is no longer working. When I right-click on Assignment settings nothing comes up. I may need to reinstall buzz and try this out. Do you have any other thoughts or ideas?
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

It could be that envelope.ocx needs to be registered, since some of the older machines (including PeerCtrl) use it for their graphics.

I think there was a way to do it via the Buzz Fixkit, but not sure if that still works. You can definitely open an elevated command prompt (run as Administrator) and do it manually, though. Assuming Buzz is installed in the default path, the following command should work:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jeskola\Buzz\envelope.ocx"
I hope that does the trick!
Grids

Post by Grids »

This worked perfectly. Thank you.