Modern Pattern Editor

MarC

Re: Modern Pattern Editor

Post by MarC »

So I'm developing my "wireless" set of machines. The idea is that you can send audio via a "sender", and receive that audio via a "receiver". Basically an updated version of the aux machines.

I'm at the point where i want to make a demo song to show what these machines can do, and how to use them.

I'm currently testing the 64-bit version of my machines on the version 1.0 of Buzz x64 (downloaded and installed from the thread on this very forum), which defaults to your Modern Pattern Editor.

I set up the demo song, save the song, and close buzz. All is fine here.

But when I load the demo song back up, the parameters of my sender machine no longer appear correctly in the Modern Pattern Editor.

The "sender" machine only has 2 parameters - Left Bus # and Right Bus # (yes, my machines support many senders to many receivers). Both of these parameters are byte values.

But when I load the song up, the Left Bus # and Right Bus # parameters are no longer there, and are instead replaced with "Amp" and "Pan - two parameters that I think are default to Buzz, but were not shown in the Modern Pattern Editor at the time of saving.

The same happens with "Jeskola Aux Send", a similar machine to my sender machine. Connect a machine to Jeskola Aux Send. Note how it has a "dummy" parameter. Save the project. Close buzz. Start Buzz. Load the project back up. See how it now has an "Amp" parameter, and no "dummy" parameter

Furthermore, if I use the built in pattern editor, the issue does not occur. It is only with the Modern Pattern Editor that the issue occurs.

Additionally, the "sender" (and also Jeskola aux send) need to be connected to a generator for the issue to occur.
wde

Post by wde »

MarC wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:23 pm So I'm developing my "wireless" set of machines. The idea is that you can send audio via a "sender", and receive that audio via a "receiver". Basically an updated version of the aux machines.
Nice!
MarC wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:23 pm But when I load the demo song back up, the parameters of my sender machine no longer appear correctly in the Modern Pattern Editor.
I think I found the issue. Updated.
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

I think I've found a bug when selecting a wave from the wavetable using the menu in MPE.

I usually just use the keyboard commands to change the wave rather than the mouse: Hit Alt-W to open the wavetable selector; use the arrow keys to pick the desired sample; hit enter. However, when I do this in MPE, nothing happens. While the dropdown menu does respond correctly when using a mouse to select the wave, it simply doesn't change when using the keyboard.

All of this is using the Buzz64 "2022 edition" installer., and it seems to happen regardless of theme chosen. One annoying thing is that I don't know how to change to the default pattern editor in this installation. Old songs with other pattern editors seem to load fine, but all new machines default to MPE, and there's no obvious way to switch to any other pattern editor. Couldn't see anything in Buzz Settings or Preferences that would switch this either.