Detecting VST3 plugins

Grids

Detecting VST3 plugins

Post by Grids »

I am using BuzzSetup x64 2022 Edition
I realised that some of my VST3 plugins, e.g. Surge, GR-8, TugGlicento... are not being detected. I have double checked that I have the correct VST3 folder listed in preferences. I have also rescanned my folders for VSTis etc.

I saw this post here that is specifically about Surge VST3 : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2426&hilit=surge

I wondered if anyone had any insights.
UNZ

Re: Detecting VST3 plugins

Post by UNZ »

VST3 are always installed to a standard folder, no need to add it manually, maybe that actually causes these issues?

another thing you can try is the SCAN SHELL button (with the vst3shell options), as VST3 support is itself implemented as a shell in PVST afaik

the standard folders are:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

32-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

@Grids
Hi , this bmx is saved in buzz 32 bit with surge VST and GR-8 ,can your buzz open it ?
EDIT:Your Buzz should be able to load it,doesn't matter if you can not see in VST list in buzz.Just check, if you have it in that folder what UNZ detailed.
EDIT 2 : Try to scan again '' vsti3shell .x64 .dll ''
image:Image
Attachments
Surge & GR-8.7z
(5.09 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Grids

Post by Grids »

Thanks. I could open your file and GR-8 worked but it still didn't show up on the right side or with the search inside Buzz.

I allowed the installer to put the files in the correct spot and checked they were in the correct location.

I tired scan shell.

Strange.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

just to be sure: you're checking in the VST3 folder from the right click menu, right? They only show up there. They should show up when typing in machine view though...
polac

Post by polac »

I currently redo the vst shell scanning, new shell plugins will be detected automatically at startup scanning. It's slightly slower because only new plugins will be scanned.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

polac wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:32 pm I currently redo the vst shell scanning, new shell plugins will be detected automatically at startup scanning. It's slightly slower because only new plugins will be scanned.
awesome!!!!
polac

Post by polac »

Yes it was annoying. :mrgreen: