two bugs

xlorite

two bugs

Post by xlorite »

buzz 1450

just wanted to report two bugs:

1. i reported the first one on old forum but don't know if someone answered before shutdown and i see that the bug is still present.
-open a bmx with vst in it > open vst window > change parameter > try to exit buzz > no save prompt

2. render loop > press stop on the bar in buzz main window > buzz freezes with high cpu load

try to reproduce, thanks
strobotone

Re: two bugs

Post by strobotone »

1 ) It was always like that afaik. i guess polac has to implement it in his vstloader to make the host (BUZZ) aware of vst gui parameter changes.
2) Partially confirmed. When Render Loop is stopped by pressing <F8> or the Stop Button in the Toolbar, high CPU load occurs.
Pressing the Stop Button in the Hard Disk Recorder then releases the CPU load.
Also note that the filesize of the rendered loop will increase heavily if you stop BUZZ while Render Loop is still running.
It looks like it is paused since when you resume BUZZ the loop rendering will finish, but it meanwhile writes large amounts of data to your harddrive!
I "paused" BUZZ loop rendering for 15 seconds and the filsize went up to 730 MB instead of 13 MB. (depending on your CPU power)

(tested on win7/x64)
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

so let's hope that Polac fixes this.. i've lost some vst tweaking couple of times cause i forgot to save. it could be very tricky for buzz beginners that are unaware of this
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

<ctrl + s> can save the day ;)
polac

Post by polac »

1. i reported the first one on old forum but don't know if someone answered before shutdown and i see that the bug is still present.
-open a bmx with vst in it > open vst window > change parameter > try to exit buzz > no save prompt
Hi it should be fixed now.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7