sequence editor zoom not keeping focus.

mes

sequence editor zoom not keeping focus.

Post by mes »

One thing that has really bugged me about the awesome new sequence editor is how it doesn't seem to keep focus on what you're looking at when zooming in and out, most DAW software I've used has the zoom in/out on the horizontal scroll bar itself (hold left button+ mouse up/down) which really helps to keep the screen centered on what you're looking at.
Evelon

Re: sequence editor zoom not keeping focus.

Post by Evelon »

Sorry to hijack your thread, but maybe we mean the same thing. Or at least I'm having a similar request (for a bug to be fixed) in the old secuencer - when zoomin in and out (changing step value) with shift - and +, the focus/cursor goes to the top of the track. If you have a long track then that means ALOT of scrolling.
Would be awesome if the focus (maybe "middle-of-the-screen-position"?) would be maintained even when zooming in and out.

Thank you Oskari for the recent updates! They are gorgeous.
Dean

Post by Dean »

Evelon wrote:Sorry to hijack your thread, but maybe we mean the same thing. Or at least I'm having a similar request (for a bug to be fixed) in the old secuencer - when zoomin in and out (changing step value) with shift - and +, the focus/cursor goes to the top of the track. If you have a long track then that means ALOT of scrolling.
Would be awesome if the focus (maybe "middle-of-the-screen-position"?) would be maintained even when zooming in and out.

Thank you Oskari for the recent updates! They are gorgeous.
you can use livehackjump, as a marker/bookmark system, and jump anywhere you want in your track. (or relatively, xxx or xxxx ticks forward/backward, etc - no ton o' scrolling needed :))
Or you can make a habit of placing the end of song near where you're working before changing view, then just click "End" after zooming.
Your suggestion is good though, but I am not sure about the middle-of-screen, maybe the zoom should go towards current placement of cursor? (as it's usual in other audio tools)
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

Heh. Good point regarding livehackjump though. Maybe something similar could be built-in, like markers (for quickly jumping around in different parts of a song/track).

Well, maybe not in-the-middle-of-the-screen exactly, but where the focus/cursur currently is when you start zooming. I think I was just trying to be as clear as possible in describing the issue. Would rather have zoom in/out work from the current working location. That's all.
mes

Post by mes »

I'm not sure if buzz has it.., but most trackers have an effect command for the master channel that you can use to skip patterns in the sequence. I guess that's not really an ideal solution to your particular problem though.