qsamo/corona

domtron

Re: qsamo/corona

Post by domtron »

purchased ! :D
double07

Post by double07 »

Will buy Corona I think but also keen on the Synth bundle at 149euro, anyone got it, any good?

Edit: Purchased Corona, loving it, also bought the synth bundle, discovery pro is amazing also.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

really enjoying using corona and the new pvst freeze! :D

i'm trying to move some qsamo's i was using to save cpu, and i remember a trick on how to copy a qsamo preset into corona being talked about on BC, but not what it was... I tried copy+pasting qsamo xml and ascii presets into corona, but didnt work, any ideas? :?
tinga

Post by tinga »

Mantratronic wrote:I tried copy+pasting qsamo xml and ascii presets into corona, but didnt work, any ideas?
just paste the xml qsamo presets file (the xml with all presets in gen gear) in discoDSP/corona/banks folder and you have a new bank with all your presets.

Corona with the new arpeggiator is great, use a sf2 drumkit and you have a very quick made drum machine 8-) , a peerstate to store the arpeggios, (polac vst recognize all the steps in one click), perfect. And always this marvelous filter...
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Thank you tinga :D corona + pvst + buzz + peering is pretty much heaven alright, the depth of the waves in corona is soooooo much fun to mess with. you can make your own imaginary 60s organs and 70s synths :ugeek: and i had forgotten about the sf2 playing, must see where i put those!

btw, have a block of spare time coming up, will be able to go back to the peer lib. very buggy but getting there. :roll:
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Version 4 has a second filter and also another filter implementation that often sounds better than the previous one.

Full list of new features:

- New zero-delay filter mode. They can be enabled switching filter > mode [normal] button to [alt].
- Second filter with Envelope and LFO.
- New filter shape: asym3.
- Chorus and Limiter parameters.
- M1 and M2 arpeggiator modulation sources.
- Fine-tuned factory bank.
double07

Post by double07 »

oskari wrote: - Second filter with Envelope and LFO.
Awesome! Thanks :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Oskari wrote:Version 4 has a second filter and also another filter implementation that often sounds better than the previous one.
Great emotion when i've tried the new Corona yesterday, irrésistible, filter was very good, but now 2 filters with better sound, and worse, it's true :o
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

4.1:

- Fixed arpeggiator stuck notes.
- Fixed wave oscillator muting.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

4.2:

- arpeggio lock
- optional lfo fade-in instead of delay
mute

Post by mute »

Oskari.. couple suggestions/requests

a way to do +/- increment browsing on each waveform section so we don't have to always use the menus

an arp mode, similar to chord, but where the notes lock.. ex: C, D, E, G (held at the same time or added up consecutively) plays CCCCCCC, DDDDDDD, EEEEEE, GGGGGG simultaneously and does not cycle. I thought chord would do this, but no? Chord seems to spread the # of repetitions evenly across all notes (doesnt cycle, but pattern changes with the # of notes held).
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

mute wrote:Oskari.. couple suggestions/requests
a way to do +/- increment browsing on each waveform section so we don't have to always use the menus
You can use the mouse wheel.
mute wrote: an arp mode, similar to chord, but where the notes lock.. ex: C, D, E, G (held at the same time or added up consecutively) plays CCCCCCC, DDDDDDD, EEEEEE, GGGGGG simultaneously and does not cycle. I thought chord would do this, but no? Chord seems to spread the # of repetitions evenly across all notes (doesnt cycle, but pattern changes with the # of notes held).
I don't understand what you are talking about.
mute

Post by mute »

oskari wrote:
mute wrote:Oskari.. couple suggestions/requests
You can use the mouse wheel.
AH. rtfm? :P awesome.

edit: n/m the second half. havent had time lately due to having to re-locate a noc :cry: ,,if the issue comes up again or seems important enough to care, i'll bring it up at that time.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

4.3: New Distortion effect with 7 types: overdrive, foldback, clip, asymmetric, scream, quantize and sample & hold.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Oskari wrote:4.3: New Distortion effect with 7 types: overdrive, foldback, clip, asymmetric, scream, quantize and sample & hold.
8-) The saga goes on.
47 presets using the two filters and arpeggiator, sounds are not finished, but work in progress. I've now a new keyboard (novation 61 sl mk2), and Corona was a serious motivation to do that, this synth will be the solist machine in my work for a long time. :D
tinga

Post by tinga »

I've try to use midi cc 66 64 and 69 (i'm not very experimented with midi) to hold the arpeggiator, but i can't, i remember on my old juno 6 (before midi) the hold button just beside the arpeggiator.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

tinga wrote:I've try to use midi cc 66 64 and 69 (i'm not very experimented with midi) to hold the arpeggiator, but i can't, i remember on my old juno 6 (before midi) the hold button just beside the arpeggiator.
Sustain pedal (64) should work.

Great bank, my favorite so far.
earkus

Post by earkus »

sustain pedal doesnt hold arpeggiator for me either...
also when using Native Instruments Maschine as VST host, it wont find Corona (on Mac)

did report about Maschine problem to discodsp, but no answers after some time.. well i will manage.

such a great synth!
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Yeah it looks like it's broken in the latest build. It works in Jeskola Arpeggiator, right?
tinga

Post by tinga »

Oskari wrote: It works in Jeskola Arpeggiator, right?
Yes, cc64 is OK with Jeskola Arpeggiator, just one thing, if we replay the same note, this one cannot be stopped (the stop button is ineffective), and also Arpeggiator's polyphonie (like all new midi machines) is not linked to the number of tracks, it's really cool for play synths, it seems that all the 127 notes can be played by an arpeggio, maybe a possibility to limit the number of notes will be cool.
Corona is a very hot machine, with a living sound, one year i'm turning around, just the time i need to understand a synth.
A midi cc to change the arpeggio presets? Anyway peerstate+Polac vsti do that :)