Is there a MIDI Filter in Buzz?

agorman

Is there a MIDI Filter in Buzz?

Post by agorman »

Hello, I'm using Polac to use the sfz+ sample player successfully. But now the problem is that for Harmony Assistant, MIDI programs/patches start with 1 and for sfz+ they start with 0. So when the sequencer sends a 1... there's no patch available! How can I setup a MIDI filter in buzz? Is there a machine for it? So I avoid sfz+ to receive program changes? I managed to avoid sfz+ to receive all controls, but that's not useful; since I actually want sfz+ to receive volume and pan changes.

I'm taking this effort because I actually like the sound of only 3 sample players: GVI (extinct), sfz+ and XS-1. But the last one doesn't support sample streaming/DFD.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
polac

Re: Is there a MIDI Filter in Buzz?

Post by polac »

Hi, it should be possible to do fix this with the right midi vst. There was a freeware plugin called mfxscript that should be able to fix this program offset problem, but unfortunately the plugin is not available anymore as it seems. Also the is a plugin called VstLua which might help here too.

Whatsoever, to filter the program changes you have to open your midi-input device via "Polac Midi In" at first. Then load a VstLua for example and connect it to the master machine. Also connect VstLua to the midi-in machine to get some input from it. Then go to VstLua, open the "midi send" dialog to select the sfz+ as target. Quite a confusing and cumbersome approach :mrgreen: