Cng recorder

boombaxx

Cng recorder

Post by boombaxx »

Is there any better way to record real time audio in Buzz apart from CNG recorder as it crashes all the time now.

00:51 [Engine] 'CnG Recorder' (CnG Recorder) crashed in Tick() (unknown exception)
UNZ

Re: Cng recorder

Post by UNZ »

tried disabling multithreading ?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Unfortunately it's not multithreading, something during the bugfixing of v1458 (from from then onwards) has killed CnG recorder - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1052#p4223
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Using Sgorpi Mtrk writer it works ok. Cng is 11 years old. If Sgorpi took some of the features from CNG like wavetable placement or save as :D
cyanphase

Post by cyanphase »

Cng is 11 years old
Time flies by so fast!
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

For those that didn't see it cng now works again in v1479 - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7&start=160
IXix

Post by IXix »

Good to see there's life in the old dog yet. :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

mcbpete wrote:For those that didn't see it cng now works again in v1479 - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7&start=160
Cool, very good news, this recorder is perfect for wild generative projects, the best way to integrate external sounds, replace them and so on.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Sgorpi is really good, but don't use the volume sliders. I have had them glitch out on me on songs with too many parts in them, so just mix the levels beforehand (I recommend using mixIO as it has multi out). Although it doesn't quit fill the void of Cng. Good to know the bug is resolved. This is awesome news. Although I miss most the features from the Extended Hard Disk Recorder... especially the various file output options... but 32 bit float input/output is a good tradeoff.

The new AudioTrack machine can record stuff though, right? I haven't played around with it too much yet.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

The first thing I checked to work in the early new buzz versions was if Cng Recorder still worked. Thanks Oskari for repairing it. :D
There's a small bug still though: When I use matilde to play the recording at the same time as it records it does not play, but it still plays when I use the offset command
for the corresponding time.
I can work around it though.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Actually just found out that Overloader has been updated for new buzz. Yippee!

Edit: nm doesn't appear to work in newer builds.

Also, I just discovered the wireless feature! That will clean up some of my songs.
ags

Post by ags »

mridlen wrote:Actually just found out that Overloader has been updated for new buzz. Yippee!

Edit: nm doesn't appear to work in newer builds.
Yep, don't use it. What feature did you want? It's probably already in Buzz directly now.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

The extended hard disk recorder with MP3 output?