mixIO 1.3

UNZ

Re: mixIO 1.2 BETA 1

Post by UNZ »

mute wrote:
UNZ wrote:
mute wrote:after looking into it a bit, i believe it is happening because your download urls are technically redirects
no, where do you see a redirect? and even if, i doubt its caused by that.

i'd like to reproduce this for myself but i need some info:
1) what browser used to download ?
2) what unzip app used ?
3) unzipped to what path exactly ?
1) IE/Chrome/FF, doesnt matter.. checked all of them
2) Winzip. 7zip and WinRAR are ok.. but that's not a solution, just a bandaid
3) Directly to Buzz/Gear directory, or anywhere else, doesn't matter

I would still guess it's likely due to the ddns setting off ms's security zone for one reason or another. DLL's and Zip's aren't even "high risk" files according to MS.., so something is setting it off into high-risk territory. Plus, as you can reasonably assume.. I download shitloads of zips and dlls (not just buzz related). Maybe theres also a possibility in how the zip was created.. not sure, haven't looked into that (quite possible.. t appears zone information is stored with the file on NTFS systems, so those using XP or vista without NTFS should never experience this).
have you tried testing this by downloading it from some other domain? i still don't buy it, imho it would be flagged no matter what, i had the exact same problem with a .net.dll (managed machine) sent to me trough dropbox. buzz even threw up an error saying that the dll could not be loaded, i'd like it to show this error for gui.dll too please. also that winrar works points to something else, obviously winrar somehow ignores the stupid "evil" flag. it also never seems to be a problem with native .dll, only .net so that points to something in windows security model regarding the handling of .net dll imho. Note that the NATIVE mixio.dll ALWAYS works, but ONLY the .GUI.DLL sometimes has this problem! Pure .net.dll machines ALSO have this problem. The zip was created with winrar, i doubt winrar would put in the flag when its one of the apps that ignores it when unzipping it...

the path where you extract to could very well matter, it may just work if its a path where you have full control / are the owner, but not if its like in programfiles and you are running the unzip as non-admin or shit like that. if you extract to a path where you have full access and then copy to programm files, windows will even show a message that you need elevated privileges (UAC) to do this, and if you then aknowledge this i guess the evil bit is not set.

whatever it is, buzz needs to either ignore this flag or at least show an error informing the user what went wrong. i dont think i can fix this by doing anything different.
mute

Post by mute »

You should try this:

Group Policy Editor : User Configuration : Administrative Templates : Windows Components : Attachment Manager

Under there, enable "Do not preserve zone information in file attachments"

This won't work for files that already exist, NTFS already has the information stored within those that exist before you change this..

The thing to check is; enable it, -build new binaries-, zip it, upload it, download it, disable the policy, extract zip.. then check if unblock is there or if it isn't. My understanding is that files created when the policy is enabled, dont get any zone info stored into them at all. Who knows though, worth a shot.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

here's more information on the topic including code on how to remove the flag trough code

http://weblogs.asp.net/dixin/archive/20 ... cking.aspx
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

seems like oskari found a (actually several) solution to load it nevertheless, it should just work in one of the future builds without the need to unblock. THX A LOT!
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

buzz build 1462 fixes the "gui doesn't open" issue some of you had.
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Hi guys.
I have a problem/ I cannot figure out how to bind specific generators and effects to track 1,2,3 etc.
All I get it is all of them are connected thru 0.
I was trying creating new pattern then adding tracks 1-3 to it, then creating 3 instances of a machine and connecting them into mixIO - all of them were connected thru 0. Then I was trying to create new track then new machine then connect - with the same results. And all tracks was made on mixIO track.
No matter how I create new track thru gui or thru pattern editor.
What I do wrong?
Cheers.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

Mu_ wrote:Hi guys.
I have a problem/ I cannot figure out how to bind specific generators and effects to track 1,2,3 etc.
All I get it is all of them are connected thru 0.
I was trying creating new pattern then adding tracks 1-3 to it, then creating 3 instances of a machine and connecting them into mixIO - all of them were connected thru 0. Then I was trying to create new track then new machine then connect - with the same results. And all tracks was made on mixIO track.
No matter how I create new track thru gui or thru pattern editor.
What I do wrong?
Cheers.
you're doing nothing wrong, output 0 is the MASTER output, all signals from 1,2,3,4etc are mixed into 0. if you want individual outputs you have to use inputs and outputs 1,2,3,4etc. you are using the GUI right ? it's easier to understand there, the MASTER is clearly labeled.
to connect things to tracks 1,2,3,4 you have to use the little connection circle on the input and output that says (0), right click on that and set (1) etc. you may have to switch off curved wires to see them, since they all overlap otherwise.
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

midi support would be awesome
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

xlorite wrote:midi support would be awesome
just open up the parameter window (right click on machine / parameters...) then you can bind your midi cc just as usual.
Jazgot

Post by Jazgot »

Where can I download beta version?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

Jazgot wrote:Where can I download beta version?
its right there on the first page of this thread:

1.2 BETA 1 is here: http://outofobscure.dyndns.org:88/mixIO_1_2_Beta_1.zip
Jazgot

Post by Jazgot »

Ok, tnx :) earlier this link doesn't work.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

Jazgot wrote:Ok, tnx :) earlier this link doesn't work.
oh yeah, sorry, the server might have been down for a short period there.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Nice Mixer looks and works great :D
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

masterpiece. thanks! :D
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Oh yay, multi out? Finally I can stop using cheapo amp for my mixer! The visualization is very professional looking as well.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

mridlen wrote:Oh yay, multi out? Finally I can stop using cheapo amp for my mixer! The visualization is very professional looking as well.
It's also so fast I use it for all my do-nothings now, much easier to expand :)
sparschaeler

Post by sparschaeler »

dear all

mixio is now a pivotal part of my setups, thanks for this beautiful machine, antonio!

there is one question I have: when I fade down the master volume, I have the impression that, at lower volumes, there is a gate effect. I can't find any parameters for this. As I feel it's unwanted: Can you help me eliminate it? Thanks
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

sparschaeler wrote:there is one question I have: when I fade down the master volume, I have the impression that, at lower volumes, there is a gate effect. I can't find any parameters for this. As I feel it's unwanted: Can you help me eliminate it? Thanks
i don't think its mixio, but please make a .mp3 and a stripped down to the maximum .bmx that reproduces this (please include all gear you used in the zip).
sparschaeler

Post by sparschaeler »

there you go. machines are largely standard and up to date. wenn eini bruchsch seisches ;) thanks!
Attachments
Buzz-0003.zip
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 402 times