Connection channel things

IXix

Connection channel things

Post by IXix »

When there's lots of connections to/from a machine, the circles that show the channel number can get bunched up and difficult to read/change. If you enable curved wires, it's even worse because they all stack up on top of each other. I'm finding this frustrating enough to consider doing something about it but I can't see where in the BuzzGUI code these things are handled.

What I'd like to try to do is get the channel indicators to lie midway between the machine and the amp triangle. What would I need to change and where can I find it. Also, any suggestions as to how to actually do it would be much appreciated since I haven't a clue at the moment. :mrgreen:.
mantratronic

Re: Connection channel things

Post by mantratronic »

I'd start looking in BuzzGUI.MachineView.Connection.UpdateVisuals() , but not sure how/where its done. Good luck with it :)
IXix

Post by IXix »

mantratronic wrote:I'd start looking in BuzzGUI.MachineView.Connection.UpdateVisuals() , but not sure how/where its done. Good luck with it :)
Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get!
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

Lines 458-462 in Connection.cs. You just need to calculate the points on the cubic bezier curve first.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

It was so simple that I did it myself. I hope you didn't start yet. :)
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Ha ha, cool. :)
IXix

Post by IXix »

oskari wrote:It was so simple that I did it myself. I hope you didn't start yet. :)
Haha, awesome! Only just seen your reply so I hadn't started. Now I can see what I should have done if I had. :lol:
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Works a bloody charm - Thanks oskari !