Jeskola XS-1 and sfz capability? :?:

Mu_

Jeskola XS-1 and sfz capability? :?:

Post by Mu_ »

Hi guys.
I have to say I was so used to use Jeskola XS-1 for my soundfonts so I thought - it is standard... Till time I got used Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra sound fonts - which are in sfz format...
You say - use alchemy player or use sfz... I did. I mean I tried, but they are just useless... Jeskola XS-1 gives to me those sweet 19 midi slot where I can put in one instance whole bunch of instruments - each for one channel and control them separately using track parameters.
In fact I use only first 4 slots, because only their parameters are listed in settings view eg. 0036:P1_Volume, 0037:P1_Pan and so on. I have no idea what to do with 3000:CC0, 3001:CC1 etc. I gues I can somehow bind them to other slots parameters but I don't know how.
But getting back to my topic - is it possible to implement using sfz? Header of SFZ seems to be very simple and clear to adopt but maybe there is much more work than it seems to be.
Cheers
Mu.

// Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra
// ------------------------------
// Bass Trombone
// ------------------------------

<group>
ampeg_release=0.600
fil_veltrack=11000
fil_type=lpf_2p
cutoff=120

<region>
sample=samples\bass trombone\bass_trombone-e1.wav
lokey=e1
hikey=f1
pitch_keycenter=e1
[...]
chahur

Re: Jeskola XS-1 and sfz capability? :?:

Post by chahur »

I have been using SSO with the same frustration, it's difficult to leave XS-1.
You could also use a SSO translated to sf2.
You can find some with Google. Look for : Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra SF2.zip
For example this one : http://www.gigasize.com/get/6f4npox0o2d
Mu_

Re: Jeskola XS-1 and sfz capability? :?:

Post by Mu_ »

Man, thank you so much! Just started downloading from link which you send. I hope quality won't be much worse than original sfz. :)