.NET GUI problem + request

IXix

.NET GUI problem + request

Post by IXix »

So in my new patchbay machine I can manage connections from the GUI but there's a problem, which is that it won't work unless the GUI has been opened. If I just create a new instance and connect stuff to it without opening the param window, none of the GUI code will be called, which leaves me with either a. remake the machine as pure .NET or b. forget about managing connections.

I don't like b. and I'm not keen on a.

Would it be possible to maybe have a new machine flag to force the .NET GUI (if it exists) to be loaded before the param window has been opened?
IXix

Re: .NET GUI problem + request

Post by IXix »

I'm making a new version of the machine and this is still bugging me. :(

Is there any way to force the GUI to load when the machine is created or if not, is there a way to manipulate connections from the C++ code?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

you could still call a .net dll from your unmanaged code to do whatever you need to do on the managed side iirc. not sure if this could be the same dll as your gui.dll, but i iirc it is instanciated way before the gui init actually happens (or before you even open the gui).
IXix

Post by IXix »

UNZ wrote:you could still call a .net dll from your unmanaged code to do whatever you need to do on the managed side iirc. not sure if this could be the same dll as your gui.dll, but i iirc it is instanciated way before the gui init actually happens (or before you even open the gui).
Thanks but I don't think that would work for what I want. I was hoping it might be easy for Oskari to add a machine flag like MIF_LOAD_GUI. I guess it's not easy.
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

The problem is that the Buzz engine doesn't even really know that there is a gui, it's just a part of the parameter window. I guess I could create a hidden parameter window when the machine is created but it's seems a bit hacky.
IXix

Post by IXix »

oskari wrote:The problem is that the Buzz engine doesn't even really know that there is a gui, it's just a part of the parameter window. I guess I could create a hidden parameter window when the machine is created but it's seems a bit hacky.
Nah, I thought it might be easy but if it's not then don't waste your time. I'll live with it or try to work around it. It's just an annoyance so don't worry about it. If you have any time to work on Buzz I'd rather you did something more generally useful. :)