Pattern XP mod

chahur

Re: Problem to change time signature

Post by chahur »

HerrFornit wrote:Hi chahur,

I have now and then the problem to change back the time scale after inserting a new time signature.
In the lower example, I have pattern length of 32 with time signature of 16. I then set the time signature to 8, in order to have a break.
After editing the pattern-sequence I then wanted to change the time signature back to 16 at the point where the TS is 8. I can type in 16 but the step from 8 to 16 remains.
The patterns and the time scale keep asynchronous.
Thanx a lot for your reply.
PatternXP TimeSignature.jpg
Sorry, but what you show is not part of PatternXP but of the core of buzz. I can't do anything for that.

etruscan

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by etruscan »

Is it possible to modify Pattern XP mod so that, when you hit play, it always displays the current pattern (if a Pattern XP pattern is playing), and updates/follows the song position i.e. when a new pattern starts, the pattern view switches to that pattern? Kind of like in Renoise:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 8181439%2F

It'd be handy for listening/editing; otherwise I'm constantly swapping between the sequence view (to see where I am in the song) and the pattern view (to see what's going on in the current pattern). There could be a check box called something like 'follow on/off'. When it's off, the view stays on the selected pattern; when it's on; it updates to display the currently playing pattern.

It would also look cool :dance:

boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Would it be possible to make another dialogue from the create copy function so there is a create copy and then paste onto the sequencer. A small time saver

synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Does anyone have the mod working in Windows 7 64bit? I think some of the WPF stuff is not working for me like the chord generator. Here is what I'm guessing the error is:

[WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'DecreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=DecreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')

River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

synthphase wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 am
Does anyone have the mod working in Windows 7 64bit? I think some of the WPF stuff is not working for me like the chord generator. Here is what I'm guessing the error is:

[WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'DecreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=DecreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
I'm on Windows 7 64, and the chord generator works fine here. I have Pattern XP Mod as my default editor (the Instrument View lists it as "Jeskola Pattern XP", with a separate "Jeskola Pattern XP mod" in the drop-down, but all the bells-and-whistles icons are there along the top) - maybe this has something to do with it?