Pattern XP mod

Klangkulisse

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by Klangkulisse »

Klangkulisse wrote:Hello Chahur,
yes, it works, but – am I right? – only for the data in PXP-columns, not for the data of a machines parameter column.
For instance KickFSM
The parameter "tone decay time" can only be accessed by data in it's appropriate parameter column and these data is not transferred between PXP and PXP mod. :?
Hey esp 81, hey chahur
I think I tried pointing out the same problem with my post from April 2015.
I tried to use regular pattern xp and pattern xp mod side by side up from a certain moment, but all earlier tracks – when I was using only pattern xp mod replacing regular pattern xp in the generators folder – are encountering that problem as described.

Could it be, that only PXP-column-data is transferred, but not data from a machines appropriate parameter column?
chahur

Post by chahur »

Klangkulisse wrote:
Klangkulisse wrote:Hello Chahur,
yes, it works, but – am I right? – only for the data in PXP-columns, not for the data of a machines parameter column.
For instance KickFSM
The parameter "tone decay time" can only be accessed by data in it's appropriate parameter column and these data is not transferred between PXP and PXP mod. :?
Hey esp 81, hey chahur
I think I tried pointing out the same problem with my post from April 2015.
I tried to use regular pattern xp and pattern xp mod side by side up from a certain moment, but all earlier tracks – when I was using only pattern xp mod replacing regular pattern xp in the generators folder – are encountering that problem as described.

Could it be, that only PXP-column-data is transferred, but not data from a machines appropriate parameter column?
I don't know. Afaik it's not part of the source code I have.
wauterboi

Post by wauterboi »

I believe I've confirmed that Pattern XP is causing Jeskola Buzz to pause every ten seconds for a long while, making the interface completely unusable. I don't know how to make this confirmation useful, and I don't know what else to say other than I'm using Windows 10.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just a limitation of Buzz itself. If I accidentally switch between pattern xp and the pattern xp mod all notes in a pattern get deleted when switching back, so be careful! This and a few other issues I previously mentioned make me really hesitant to use this amazing mod. :cry:
mik82

Post by mik82 »

esp81 wrote:I'm not sure if it's a bug, or just a limitation of Buzz itself. If I accidentally switch between pattern xp and the pattern xp mod all notes in a pattern get deleted when switching back, so be careful! This and a few other issues I previously mentioned make me really hesitant to use this amazing mod. :cry:
Yes, I get the same when switching between pattern editors, which is annoying when I decide I want to use the chord functionality etc halfway through writing something.
However I just have to remember to start off writing patterns in the pxp mod! It's made a massive difference to workflow in Buzz for me and it's my own fault if I forget to use it.
TheQuietMan

Post by TheQuietMan »

However I just have to remember to start off writing patterns in the pxp mod! It's made a massive difference to workflow in Buzz for me and it's my own fault if I forget to use it.
+1
chahur

Post by chahur »

Just replace it and you'll never forget :-)
TheQuietMan

Post by TheQuietMan »

Hello Chahur, a quick question. I have some music that uses diminished 9th and 11th chords and I don't see them in PXP. Is there a simple way to add them?

Thanks.
chahur

Post by chahur »

TheQuietMan wrote:Hello Chahur, a quick question. I have some music that uses diminished 9th and 11th chords and I don't see them in PXP. Is there a simple way to add them?

Thanks.
All the chords files used are in the directory Gear\Generators\PatternXP.
They have been written by Tinga.
You can edit the one you use (for example "Basicguitar.chords") with a text editor and add the chords missing.
The structure is simple :
Name;NNNNN
where N : [1..9,A..Z] is the distance in semitone from the root note of the note to add in the chord.

You can create your own .chords files (so they will not be replaced by an update).
Or you can send me the modified files and I will put them in the installation file.
TheQuietMan

Post by TheQuietMan »

Ah, I see. Thank you for the information. I'll see what can be done. Perhaps I can talk Tinga into adding the missing chords (I think he used Scala as some point and I'm not familiar with it.) Or I'll try your other suggestion and build a separate .chords file. :)

Cheers.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

oskari wrote:HMODULE is really a void * and I want MachineInterface.h to work without windows.h. You can simply cast it HMODULE h = (HMODULE)GetMachineModuleHandle(pmac).
this might be interesting for you too chahur:
just wanted to report that GetMachineModuleHandle() doesn't seem to work on my system (windows 10).
i tried it with my own machine, and i tried it with pxpmod (which uses it to get the help file path). both fail.
chahur

Post by chahur »

UNZ wrote: this might be interesting for you too chahur:
just wanted to report that GetMachineModuleHandle() doesn't seem to work on my system (windows 10).
i tried it with my own machine, and i tried it with pxpmod (which uses it to get the help file path). both fail.
Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

chahur wrote:
UNZ wrote: this might be interesting for you too chahur:
Thanks, I'll have a look at that.
Fixed in Build 1503, thx oskari!
tinga

Post by tinga »

Does this update also fixes the missing info machine in Patchbay2?
Because I can again access to attributes now (win 10) 8-)
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Is it possible to enable pattern conversion or compatibility between the "regular" and "alternate" versions of the mod? I accidentally had both in my folder and well... Lets just say there's the potential for lots of confusion... Plus a weird crash in wpfgfx_v0400.dll sometimes happens if you happen to have both for some reason.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

Neat mod to an already cool Buzz-feature!

I've two questions:

1. is it possible to shift machine tracks [globals, tracks...] left and right? Right now the order seems determined by Name or Creation time of the machine. If I have

Code: Select all

[ Utrk trk1 trk2 ] [ FSM infector Globals, trk1, trk2, trk3] 
what if I want shift the order of the tracks

[ FSM infector Globals, trk1, trk2, trk3] [ Utrk trk1 trk2 ]  
2. Would you consider making a key combo to extend the length of the current pattern while keeping current pattern data in-tact? And an option to double the length of the pattern and space out the current pattern data.

Sorry if I missed anything, didn't see this mentioned in the manual.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

I see question 2 is already supported as a toolbar option, but not by a keyboard shortcut? that's OK for now :)

edit. mybad : ctrl+alt+ADD :) nice!!
chahur

Post by chahur »

[quote="zeffii"]
1. is it possible to shift machine tracks [globals, tracks...] left and right? Right now the order seems determined by Name or Creation time of the machine. If I have

[ Utrk trk1 trk2 ] [ FSM infector Globals, trk1, trk2, trk3] 
what if I want shift the order of the tracks

[ FSM infector Globals, trk1, trk2, trk3] [ Utrk trk1 trk2 ]  
I have no time at the moment to look at that, but I will when possible.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

chahur :)

I miss two common text editor functions from the Pattern Editor. I wonder if you would consider adding them.

- Move row/selection
- Duplicate + move row/selection

Here's a quick demo:

The default behaviour would merge new pattern data on-top of any existing data.

I'll dig through https://github.com/chahur/Buzz-PatternXP soon enough.
chahur

Post by chahur »

zeffii wrote:chahur :)

I miss two common text editor functions from the Pattern Editor. I wonder if you would consider adding them.

- Move row/selection
- Duplicate + move row/selection

The default behaviour would merge new pattern data on-top of any existing data.

I'll dig through https://github.com/chahur/Buzz-PatternXP soon enough.
You can do that :
Dbl click on the row number to select the row
Ctrl X to cut or Ctrl C to copy
Ctrl V to paste or Ctrl Shift V to merge