Pattern XP mod

chahur

Re: Problem to change time signature

Post by chahur »

HerrFornit wrote:Hi chahur,

I have now and then the problem to change back the time scale after inserting a new time signature.
In the lower example, I have pattern length of 32 with time signature of 16. I then set the time signature to 8, in order to have a break.
After editing the pattern-sequence I then wanted to change the time signature back to 16 at the point where the TS is 8. I can type in 16 but the step from 8 to 16 remains.
The patterns and the time scale keep asynchronous.
Thanx a lot for your reply.
PatternXP TimeSignature.jpg
Sorry, but what you show is not part of PatternXP but of the core of buzz. I can't do anything for that.
etruscan

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by etruscan »

Is it possible to modify Pattern XP mod so that, when you hit play, it always displays the current pattern (if a Pattern XP pattern is playing), and updates/follows the song position i.e. when a new pattern starts, the pattern view switches to that pattern? Kind of like in Renoise:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... 8181439%2F

It'd be handy for listening/editing; otherwise I'm constantly swapping between the sequence view (to see where I am in the song) and the pattern view (to see what's going on in the current pattern). There could be a check box called something like 'follow on/off'. When it's off, the view stays on the selected pattern; when it's on; it updates to display the currently playing pattern.

It would also look cool :dance:
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Would it be possible to make another dialogue from the create copy function so there is a create copy and then paste onto the sequencer. A small time saver
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

Does anyone have the mod working in Windows 7 64bit? I think some of the WPF stuff is not working for me like the chord generator. Here is what I'm guessing the error is:

[WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'DecreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=DecreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

synthphase wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:09 am Does anyone have the mod working in Windows 7 64bit? I think some of the WPF stuff is not working for me like the chord generator. Here is what I'm guessing the error is:

[WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'DecreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=DecreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
I'm on Windows 7 64, and the chord generator works fine here. I have Pattern XP Mod as my default editor (the Instrument View lists it as "Jeskola Pattern XP", with a separate "Jeskola Pattern XP mod" in the drop-down, but all the bells-and-whistles icons are there along the top) - maybe this has something to do with it?
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Is there a way to make xpmod default and still have the xp as an alternative?
rav

Post by rav »

Firsts paragraphs from PatternXP mod page:
Install

Unzip the content of the archive in the directory "Gear\Generators". The file "Jeskola Pattern XP.dll" replace the original one.
PatternXP Mod needs the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package".

Alternate : you can "download alternate" or "download alternate x64 version"and unzip it in "Gear\Generators". A new file "Jeskola Pattern XP mod.dll" is installed with the new Pattern XP named "Jeskola Pattern XP mod". The original Pattern XP still exists. To use the new one, you need to declare it in the file "Gear\gear.xml" (create the file if it doesn't exist):
<Gear>
<Machine Name="Jeskola Pattern XP mod" LoadAtStartup="True"/>
</Gear>
Then you need right mouse click on "Editor" list in pattern editor to make it default.
AndersBrontosaurus

rav wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:27 pm Then you need right mouse click on "Editor" list in pattern editor to make it default.
Ooh! I would have thought this would be the answer to my trouble!
However, it doesn't work. I still get patternXP as default on all machines. I like pattenXP so should try to use it as the only option.
Also, I've tried to ask before but never really been understood: If I make a pattern in PatternXP and then change to XPmod, all data in the pattern is gone. Why?
rav

Post by rav »

did you tried click on it without expanding the list? there should be next menu:
pxpmod.gif
pxpmod.gif (67.42 KiB) Viewed 8110 times
AndersBrontosaurus

rav wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:37 pm did you tried click on it without expanding the list? there should be next menu
Today it worked!
Thanks!
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:21 pm
rav wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:27 pm Then you need right mouse click on "Editor" list in pattern editor to make it default.
Ooh! I would have thought this would be the answer to my trouble!
However, it doesn't work. I still get patternXP as default on all machines. I like pattenXP so should try to use it as the only option.
Also, I've tried to ask before but never really been understood: If I make a pattern in PatternXP and then change to XPmod, all data in the pattern is gone. Why?
Yes, I really want to know, how this data loss in the pattern can be avoided. This is the reason why i did not use Pattern XP mod anymore, but I would like to. :(
AndersBrontosaurus

Klangkulisse wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:18 pm
Yes, I really want to know, how this data loss in the pattern can be avoided. This is the reason why i did not use Pattern XP mod anymore, but I would like to. :(
I think that even if you make XPmod as default it will only be default in new machines. Old ones will keep XPoriginal in your songs so no risk for losing data this way it seems.
Mozart von Robot

Post by Mozart von Robot »

Since the Windows 11 update, Buzz just closes (without error message) when I click the chord dialog button. Anyone else having this?