Pattern XP mod

chahur

Re: Pattern XP mod

Post by chahur »

esp81 wrote:Loving the new features, thanks!! Mirror selection is changing all notes, not just the selected ones, is that intentional?
No, it's a bug. Corrected soon.
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added :
- Insert row (Ctrl+P), Delete row (Ctrl+Shift+P)
Bugfix :
- mirror selection on selected notes
rav

Post by rav »

Many thanks :)
chahur wrote:- Put focus back to editor when clicking on a button
This has an impact on textbox from humanization, unfortunately.

Export pattern works via open dialog box. It is easy to overwrite existing pattern without knowing it. I have done this while using this for the first time :P
Import function loads values to all visible rows + 1 hidden row. Is it possible to load all values or auto resize existing pattern to importing content?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

what a wonderful toy! :dance:
Bien joué le frenchy ;)
chahur

Post by chahur »

rav wrote: - Put focus back to editor when clicking on a button
This has an impact on textbox from humanization, unfortunately.
OK, corrected in next version.
rav wrote: Export pattern works via open dialog box. It is easy to overwrite existing pattern without knowing it. I have done this while using this for the first time :P
OK, corrected in next version. Added prompt on overwrite.
rav wrote: Import function loads values to all visible rows + 1 hidden row. Is it possible to load all values or auto resize existing pattern to importing content?
I don't understand : what do you mean with 1 hidden row ?
rav

Post by rav »

chahur wrote:
rav wrote: Import function loads values to all visible rows + 1 hidden row. Is it possible to load all values or auto resize existing pattern to importing content?
I don't understand : what do you mean with 1 hidden row ?
First, export 8 beats pattern with values on all rows. Notes on all rows from 0 to 31, for example.
Try to import from file to new 4 beats pattern. Rows from 0 to 15 have been imported.
Then, change length to 8 beats and you can see hidden bonus on 16 row.
chahur

Post by chahur »

rav wrote: First, export 8 beats pattern with values on all rows. Notes on all rows from 0 to 31, for example.
Try to import from file to new 4 beats pattern. Rows from 0 to 15 have been imported.
Then, change length to 8 beats and you can see hidden bonus on 16 row.
OK, it's fixed.

Added :
- Add "Import pattern : auto resize (rows)" parameter.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

What about a feature to transpose within a key? That's something I've wanted for a while now. So that you could set the key to "C" for example, and when you enter an A minor cord, when you transpose it, everything would remain in key when transposed down to G and it would turn into a G major.

Not sure how notes outside of the key should be handled though... maybe just transposed precisely like normal?
chahur

Post by chahur »

mridlen wrote:What about a feature to transpose within a key? That's something I've wanted for a while now. So that you could set the key to "C" for example, and when you enter an A minor cord, when you transpose it, everything would remain in key when transposed down to G and it would turn into a G major.

Not sure how notes outside of the key should be handled though... maybe just transposed precisely like normal?
That's something I would like to have also.
But I need some musical advice, I can write the program, but I don't know what, musically speaking. I suspect that it's much more complicated that what I think.
chahur

Post by chahur »

flat wrote: In Pattern XP editor I'd like to be able to trigger the machine help display by double clicking (or by choosing it via left mouse button menu).
Main reason would be to more directly/intuitively get info of effects command parameters values while editing patterns.
I don't know how to do that.
Oskari, is it possible without you to add a function in MachineInterface.h (as pCB->ShowMachineWindow(...)).
void ShowMachineHelp(CMachine *pmac);
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

this is just great. thank you so much :dance:
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

chahur wrote:
flat wrote: In Pattern XP editor I'd like to be able to trigger the machine help display by double clicking (or by choosing it via left mouse button menu).
Main reason would be to more directly/intuitively get info of effects command parameters values while editing patterns.
I don't know how to do that.
Oskari, is it possible without you to add a function in MachineInterface.h (as pCB->ShowMachineWindow(...)).
void ShowMachineHelp(CMachine *pmac);
You can use the new GetMachineModuleHandle callback and then win32 GetModuleFileName to get the path of the DLL. Help files have extension .html, .htm or .txt.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

What a guy!
chahur

Post by chahur »

oskari wrote: You can use the new GetMachineModuleHandle callback and then win32 GetModuleFileName to get the path of the DLL. Help files have extension .html, .htm or .txt.
Thanks for the update.
How do I use :
virtual void *GetMachineModuleHandle(CMachine *pmac); // returns HMODULE of machine
to retrieve the handle ?
Should it be
virtual HMODULE GetMachineModuleHandle(CMachine *pmac);
instead ?
... let's try ...
It works fine, I make the change. Thank you !
oskari
Site Admin

Post by oskari »

HMODULE is really a void * and I want MachineInterface.h to work without windows.h. You can simply cast it HMODULE h = (HMODULE)GetMachineModuleHandle(pmac).
chahur

Post by chahur »

Added :
- Ctrl+DblClick on machine name opens the machine help file (if exists).
- Chord expert : analyse the pattern to display the chords names.

Notes on Chord expert :
Chord expert analyses the notes of the pattern and display the name of the chords in the left margin if possible.
The analyse uses the Chord file selected to insert chords in the pattern.
It is based on the notes used by the chords, but not the intervals.
If two chords uses the same notes, the first one is selected.
The analyse can be parametered as automatic or manual (top left button to do the analyse).

... more to come :-)
flat

Post by flat »

Great!!!
Thanks for that.
(editing help files, adding my machine notes)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Lovely toolbar. :dance:
Chords names are cool, but there some issues with chord's inversions(i1 i2 i3), because root isn't on bass.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

there seems to be a bug with page up / page down, sometimes they switch around, and page up moves down, page down moves up.
also why does page up / down now move to the end and start of pattern, the old behaviour of moving only on bar was much better imho.
Moving to start and end are what HOME and END should be for.
chahur

Post by chahur »

UNZ wrote:there seems to be a bug with page up / page down, sometimes they switch around, and page up moves down, page down moves up.
also why does page up / down now move to the end and start of pattern, the old behaviour of moving only on bar was much better imho.
Moving to start and end are what HOME and END should be for.
I can't reproduce the problem, Page up/down move on bars.
Ctrl+PageUp goes to the start and ctrl+PageDown goes to the end.