Need some way to line up two wav's visually

HerrFornit

Re: Need some way to line up two wav's visually

Post by HerrFornit »

It's Christmas time !!! :dance:

IXix wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:10 pm That's pretty amazing. It's a bit weird having to use a context menu to add envelope points though. Could we get something like ctrl+click on the envelope to add, alt+click to remove?
-or just doubleclick for new point, doubleklick on existing point = delete it (?)
Enabling looping disables resizing pattern automatically because AudioBlock does not know how long you plan to loop. Instead you need to resize pattern to loop longer.
-How about an input window, giving the number of repetitions of the loop (you can calculate the pattern length then)
-Do you plan an offset for loops?

issues:
- first (and last?) point is editable only after "unfreezing all" (Both volume and pan)
- same after moving sliders I think, all are freezed. Is it feature?
- adding point without any point visible produces error message (mscorlib, out of range blabla negative value blabla)
- disabling loop crashed buzz (can not report what I have done before)
- blurred second Audioview wave s, picture after moving zoom slider to the very left.
AudioViewBlurred.jpg
AudioViewBlurred.jpg (99.57 KiB) Viewed 10030 times
wde

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:10 pm That's pretty amazing. It's a bit weird having to use a context menu to add envelope points though. Could we get something like ctrl+click on the envelope to add, alt+click to remove?
  • ctrl+mouse wheel zooms.
  • shift+mouse wheel moves audio window.
  • If only one envelope visible, ctrl+left click creates a box, shift deletes a box. Adding boxes too closely can mess up the curves so be careful.
  • Fixes
HerrFornit wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm - first (and last?) point is editable only after "unfreezing all" (Both volume and pan)
Can't reproduce that.
HerrFornit wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm - same after moving sliders I think, all are freezed. Is it feature?
Yeah it's pretty aggressive in doing that.
HerrFornit wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm - blurred second Audioview wave s, picture after moving zoom slider to the very left.
Seems to be feature in bitmap cache, just zoom or move the audio window.
Last edited by wde on Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

HerrFornit wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2020 19:32
- first (and last?) point is editable only after "unfreezing all" (Both volume and pan)

Can't reproduce that.
perhaps it's the other way round. Adding a new point, you can move it. First an last not. Only after unfreeze.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@wde: Wow, old friend thank you very much for the 097 April Fools Edition. I played around with some loops and knobs, panning, Volume control and looping, everything seems to work in my example track.
I'm only surprised that the params are not written and stored in the pattern in the pattern Editor. Seems .NET stores them somewhere else ...
Somehow you created a totally different Workflow with waves in JBuzz, pretty 8-)
Candle

Post by Candle »

:dance: :dance: :dance:
8-) 8-) 8-)
:D
:mrgreen:

I think that about says it all from me ;)

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. Keep up the great work WDE :!:
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm - disabling loop crashed buzz (can not report what I have done before)
I think I found the issue.
  • Crash fix with looping.
  • Don't allow creation of an envelope box too close to another one.
  • Freezing improvements (should not freeze boxes "randomly").
  • Need to unfreeze before deleting with shift+click.
Last edited by wde on Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

yeah, no crash.

issues:
- For pan its not possible to use crt-click.
- loop does not use envelopes when drawing first loop envelope and then prolonging pattern.
- Doing first the prolonging of the pattern and then enabling loop: it fills the pattern with repetitions, but stretches the envelope to the whole pattern for severlal loops. I would prefer the repetition of the envelopes as well. ;)
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 am - For pan its not possible to use crt-click.
Works here but maybe I forgot to upload latest. This one has some minor GFX adjustments.
HerrFornit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:38 am - loop does not use envelopes when drawing first loop envelope and then prolonging pattern.
This is a tough one. Realized that there is no event for "pattern change" so I can't get notification when to update the loop length or visuals. Disabled 'open loop' for now since it creates other problems. Need to figure out other approach...
Last edited by wde on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hey. Just a remark to the wavetable/sample administration of AudiBlock.
I deleted today approx 30 samples in the wavetable. I tried many samples of a sample pack, always dragging into the same slot of Audioblock, every time expanding the wavetabale sample by sample. It would be much more handy if it overwrites the sample slot of the wavetable when drawing into the sample slot in Audioblock.
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:04 pm It would be much more handy if it overwrites the sample slot of the wavetable when drawing into the sample slot in Audioblock.
I added power user option to enable overwriting samples. Right-click 'Wavetable audio' label to enable from menu.
  • Refresh envelope curves in UI when offset is changed.
  • Stay within loop limits if loop enabled (and if offset is changed/out of range).
  • Fixes
Last edited by wde on Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wde

Post by wde »

• Fixes
  • Resample To Buzz Sample Rate
Playing samples in AudioBlock that have different sample rate than what you use in Buzz generates lot of aliasing to the sound. This means the end result can be pretty bad even if you run Buzz at higher sample rates. You could resample your samples in an external app but that is quite clumsy and time consuming.

I understood that libsamplerate is an excellent resampler so I use it now for converting audio to the sample rate you are using in Buzz. Right click sample name in the 'Wavetable Audio' column to resample. The audio in wavetable is rewritten with resampled version.

Unzip to Buzz root folder.
Last edited by wde on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Cool! :dance:
Candle

Post by Candle »

The resample feature will be handy even for samples I'm not playing through AudioBlock (e.g. stuff I'm playing through Matilde). I tested it out & it works perfectly & is so easy to use. Great job WDE! 8-)

See You In The Shadows…
wde

Post by wde »

• Fixes
  • Optimizations (should lower CPU utilization)
  • Cleanups
Last edited by wde on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

:lol: Thanx for the Guru Meditation in the "about" ! Ha ha, "good" old days.. had to rip games for getting samples left in the memory ....
wde

Post by wde »

• Resample stereo fix
  • Draw stereo fix
  • Update envelope points and UI correctly after changing wave.
  • By design envelopes are not reset automatically if wave is changed. Nice if you want to keep envelopes but change the audio wave.
  • Edit: Bug fix, edit 2: bug fix 2
Last edited by wde on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Like the shaded background.

mini minor issue:
Dashed loop line inst't displayed when sound is to very the edge. /You look for silence probably?.

bug?
Couldnt' add point to volume envelope in second sample by click. Pan was ok (added first from another sample).
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm Dashed loop line inst't displayed when sound is to very the edge. /You look for silence probably?.
I changed the draw order so now they should be visible.
HerrFornit wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:50 pm Couldnt' add point to volume envelope in second sample by click. Pan was ok (added first from another sample).
Let me know if/how you can reproduce this. I made some adjustments.

Changing sample in AudioBlock UI resets offset and gain now. I think it makes more sense that way.
Last edited by wde on Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

HerrFornit wrote: ↑
07 Apr 2020 18:50
Couldnt' add point to volume envelope in second sample by click. Pan was ok (added first from another sample).

Let me know if/how you can reproduce this. I made some adjustments.
Ok, could replicate it. It depends on the visibility of pan envelope and vice versa.
wde

Post by wde »

The intended behavior is that in order to use ctrl-click, either volume or pan needs to be visible. But not both since AudioBlock does not know which envelope needs to be updated.