Need some way to line up two wav's visually

wde

Re: Need some way to line up two wav's visually

Post by wde »

• Version 0.8
  • Tooltip for Samples (sample length)
  • Threading adjustments.
  • Timeline in seconds.
Last edited by wde on Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Thank you !
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

great. Approaching to 1.0!

sorry for my changing wishlists ;) If there is enough space, can you trie to have a more fine grained time scale in audio view 000:000 please ?
The time windows of the audio view is in a constant % of the the zoom factor? Perhaps it would be more convenient if the slider bar was small at a high zooom and vice versa. Nice for going through the whole sample with high zoom.
Thank you very much!
wde

Post by wde »

• Wave view position slider.
  • Insanely accurate time stamps.
  • Fix: Changing offset too fast might cause crash or hang.
  • More colors!
Last edited by wde on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candle

Post by Candle »

I love how you're doing daily updates to this, WDE :dance: :D

Also, I love the new colours 8-)

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

cool colour option, I agree with candle.

it would be nice to have the same default colours in patterns of the sequence view and wave view. :idea:
Special thanx for the "insane" time stamp accuracy :lol:

Fantasies for next major version :shock: :
- moving playing position bar in waveforms
- GPU acceleration
- editable velocity overlays
IXix

Post by IXix »

Awesome work!
wde

Post by wde »

• Version 0.9.3 a.k.a "Let's start to crush bugs before 1.0"
  • Moving playing position bar in waveforms. This is actually very useful.
  • Edit: Fix to play position.
  • Edit 2: Changed wave canvas update to 0,5 seconds after slider changed. Might remove some UI lag and feel more responsive.
HerrFornit wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am - GPU acceleration
- editable velocity overlays
WPF tries to accelerate things on GPU already. However, drawing waveforms is quite CPU heavy task so GPU is not going to help there. I'll release the source code once things are stable so other devs can look ways to improve graphics and other things. And hey, maybe this is a good reason to buy a new PC :D
Last edited by wde on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

wde wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm
  • Version 0.9.3 a.k.a "Let's start to crush bugs before 1.0"
yeah. Let's start catching bugs! (actually stable)

minor issues:
- the play position disappears when halted (awesome feature!)
- in high zoom playing position "jumps" a bit. Dont know if it can be smoothed.
- here (16:9 full HD full screen) buzz window and audio view is not fully used (s. pic red marks max window of Audioblock)
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg (166.38 KiB) Viewed 7968 times
Last edited by HerrFornit on Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Wow wde you did a great job so far, this is definately triple :ugeek: stuff.
I have been a quite downloader until now, I just thought about Audio Block as one big tracker in Buzz and so I'd like to ask if there is the possibility to make the waveforms or final waveforms shine through in the new Pattern Editor or Sequence Editor of Buzz? I don't know if this aim is reachable without Oskari's help and if it isn't to much time and effort, but it would be definately nice to have.
Furthermore I found out that I cannot draw a Volume Envelope for the Wave loaded in AudioBlock, is there a chance to implement this feature like it is done in Matilde or other trackers?
Thank you for your work so far and "stay clean" like all the other Buzzers too
wde

Post by wde »

• Play position fix and now color is fetched from theme.
  • Play position updates faster. Not sure if it helps.
  • Better utilization of screen area.
  • Right click on waveform view will allow to switch to lower quality.
  • Edit: Fixes.
Developer note:
Registering to Global.Buzz.MasterTap in UI thread caused a weird Access Violation issue after you load another song with AudioBlock plugin and try to play it. Either unregister from Global.Buzz.MasterTap using Global.Buzz.OpenSong event or just use Timer.
Buzztler wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm I just thought about Audio Block as one big tracker in Buzz and so I'd like to ask if there is the possibility to make the waveforms or final waveforms shine through in the new Pattern Editor or Sequence Editor of Buzz? I don't know if this aim is reachable without Oskari's help and if it isn't to much time and effort, but it would be definately nice to have.
Would be very easy now that I've done the visualization code. Unfortunately there is no API in Buzz to draw on top of pattern box.
Buzztler wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm Furthermore I found out that I cannot draw a Volume Envelope for the Wave loaded in AudioBlock, is there a chance to implement this feature like it is done in Matilde or other trackers?
Maybe later, it is quite a lot of work. I'll try to finalize this first version.
Last edited by wde on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi wde,

thanx for new version,

-I post a pic. What I have done: loaded a wavefile via drag and drop into Audio00, had a look at the audio view (sliders), then I loaded the same wave via drop down menu to Audio01, then new pattern.
-In addition: Initially the audio view is still a bit shorter than the Audioblock window. After changing the window size it refreshes.

-Now I understand the point of moving through the audio view better. The wave plot refreshes only when you stop moving the sliders or leave the mouse button. Probably not really a bug or a CPU/GPU limit problem then?. It would be convenient to see the changing waveform while moving the slider. Finally no big problem.
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg (90.31 KiB) Viewed 7916 times
EDIT:
- In Audio view, the seconds differ from seconds in tooltip. 99 sec vs ca. 117 (99 is correct)
Attachments
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg
AudioblockWidescreen.jpg (90.41 KiB) Viewed 7889 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Buzztler wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm I have been a quite downloader until now, I just thought about Audio Block as one big tracker in Buzz and so I'd like to ask if there is the possibility to make the waveforms or final waveforms shine through in the new Pattern Editor or Sequence Editor of Buzz? I don't know if this aim is reachable without Oskari's help and if it isn't to much time and effort, but it would be definately nice to have.
I fear only this is possible without Oskaris help:
WaveAudiotrack.jpg
WaveAudiotrack.jpg (36.78 KiB) Viewed 7877 times
polac

Post by polac »

Unfortunately there is no API in Buzz to draw on top of pattern box.
Are you sure? I still thought it is possible at least in c++.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

@ HerrFornitt: your Wave in the sequence Editor doesn't look so bad. If it is in sync with the audio. O.k. coloured and with all the Others precisely things it would be even nicer.
@ Polac: Would be cool If it would be possible, but perhaps Oskari will be interested in helping somehow, but Most Importamt ....
@wde: are you interested to implement this Feature
@Oskari: If wde or Simeone else wants to implement this wave-overlay, will you be willing and able to help?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

polac wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 pm
Unfortunately there is no API in Buzz to draw on top of pattern box.
there is an API in C++ yes (just tested SineSynth, still works and draws into the boxes). But the new sequencer (the one nobody uses and we all forgot was there anyway) does not support it...
wde

Post by wde »

• Bugs fixed
  • Maybe waveview is faster
Last edited by wde on Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wde

Post by wde »

Thanks again all for testing! Few thoughts.

I'm very much motivated to continue to improve AudioBlock and the main motivation is that I need this machine myself :D I have few ideas after 1.0 and I'll look into those later.
UNZ wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 pm
polac wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 pm
there is an API in C++ yes (just tested SineSynth, still works and draws into the boxes). But the new sequencer (the one nobody uses and we all forgot was there anyway) does not support it...
Hey, I find the new sequencer useful! :) I'm using C# since for me it is orders of magnitude more productive that C++ and helps me to focus on the actual problem I like to solve. This of course sets some limitations what one can do with a managed machine. However, I'm amazed how much you can actually accomplish with current APIs.

I did check SineSynth and AudioTrack machines and how they access the sequence editor patterns. You would need to use C++ though. However I don't think that drawing stuff to pattern boxes in current sequencer is that valuable. With current high resolution displays the graphics in sequencer are getting very tiny so adding additional information on boxes is not really usable. Would you really be able to align audio or move envelopes precisely in this tiny space?

More interesting approach would be to convert current sequencer view to WPF and allow machines to do some tricks there.

One thing that was request by @IXix earlier was multi channel out feature. I'd like to add that because that would allow easy routing of audio block streams to different effects chains. Few features are missing from machine interface for managed machines that would allow me to enable this.

Happy to hear if there are workarounds.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

wde wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:46 am
  • Bugs fixed
  • Maybe waveview is faster

AudioBlock.zip
Works! Thanx. 8-)
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Just an other minor issue. There is still a little inconsistency between AudioBlock and BUZZ new sequencer (I like it , too :D ). Maybe its a problem of the accessability (API), I don't know.

The colours and patterns of the new sequener view differ after deleting pattern and adding pattern via AudioBlock. You can see in the picture, that the numbers and colours of the patterns are "crossed" compared to Audioblock. I have deleted in Audioblock Audio02 and Audio00 and then added Audio00 again. (via right click)

PS Can you use the pattern colours of new sequencer as default for audio view, just for consistency :dance: perhaps as a checkbox ? Thanx a lot!
AudioblockWidescreen2.jpg
AudioblockWidescreen2.jpg (197.55 KiB) Viewed 7812 times