DAW Control

wde

Re: DAW Control

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 pm Hi wde,,

can I use any (vst) midi midi out send as input for DAW control (for looping etc)?

thanx

I guess so. It handles either MidiControlChange or MidiNote from a sender, so it should work with a VST plugin.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Thanx WDE,

needed a few tries to find a suitable VST. Not all work even if you have a MID send option.
Worked with this for example:
https://vst4free.com/plugin/1004/

Perhaps it is possible in a future version of DAW control to set loops to any point of beginning? :D We don't have a stable modern pattern jump machine in BUZZ nowadays. In good old soundtracker it was just a track command ('D' or so ;) ?)
wde

Post by wde »

Small update. Support solo/mute multiple machines.
HerrFornit wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:26 pm We don't have a stable modern pattern jump machine in BUZZ nowadays. In good old soundtracker it was just a track command ('D' or so ;) ?)
I might need that myself so I'll think about it. Should be separate control machine.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

welcome ! :D
wde

Post by wde »

Version 1.2
  • Control play position + tick sync
JumpLoop
wauterboi

Post by wauterboi »

I was trying to see if maybe I could sync the transport in Cockos Reaper with Jeskola Buzz. I ran into some issues:

1. When pressing play, Reaper sends a CC message with a control of 255 and value of 8192. It seems that the maximum controls in DAW Control is 127.
2. There doesn't seem to be a way to sync Reaper's MIDI clock with DAW control

Is this functionality something that may be implemented/supported in the future?
Candle

Post by Candle »

(Hopefully) small feature request WDE:

Is there any way you could add Play From Poisition (F6) as one of the programable DAW Controls. I use F6 way more than I use F5 (Play).

Love your machines & thank you for adding so much functionality to our favourite DAW :D

See You In The Shadows…
ags

Post by ags »

If I send the note assigned to play, when Buzz is already playing, it stops - that doesn't seem right?

( any way to sync to a MIDI transport & clock ? the old HACK machine doesn't work in Buzz x64 / ReBuzz. )