Compiling Cyanphase JedShivaMeter for 64-bit Buzz?

etruscan

Compiling Cyanphase JedShivaMeter for 64-bit Buzz?

Post by etruscan »

So the JedShivaMeter code looks to be here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/jedshivameter/code/HEAD/tree/

I'd like to compile it for 64-bit Buzz, as the 32-bit .DLL doesn't work in Buzz64 and I haven't found another mixer that's similar/sufficiently stable in 64-bit. (Using Buzz64 so I can use the 64-bit AudioTrack, in the hope that it won't run out of memory around the 3GB mark like it did with 32-bit - got 25 tracks to import.)

The trouble is that I've never done this before (familiar with programming but not compiling .DLLs in Cx languages), but I'm happy to give it a shot if someone can tell me how to get started. Would I need to modify anything in the code, or is it as simple as getting it into a compiler and saying something along the lines of 'compile for 64-bit, not 32'?

Any help for a n00b much appreciated :)
etruscan

Re: Compiling Cyanphase JedShivaMeter for 64-bit Buzz?

Post by etruscan »

So I am attempting to fumble my way through this, though I don't know what I'm doing :mrgreen: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. I've installed Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019, opened the 'JedShivaMeter.sln' file, and let VS install another 7GB of resources that it needs. Then I see this screen:

I noticed the part at the top that says 'Release/Win32'. It needs to be x64, so I clicked on 'Configuration Manager...' from the 'Release' drop-down box. I get this window:

Under 'Platform' I selected '<New...>', then selected 'New platform/x64' and 'Copy settings from/<Empty>' (the other option is to copy from Win32). 'Create new solution platforms' is ticked. Since it's empty, I'm not expecting it to work, but I'm going back to the main window and selecting 'x64' in the drop-down. Then I right-click on 'Solution 'JedShivaMeter' (1 of 1 project) and select 'Build Solution'. Sure enough, it doesn't work; I get the following in the output window:

1>------ Build started: Project: JedShivaMeter, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1> Creating library E:\My Documents\OneDrive - Southern Cross University\Personal\RIDDUM\MDKPimPom\New 2017\iteration 03\JedShivaMeter code\jedshivameter-code-r16\x64\Release\JedShivaMeter.lib and object E:\My Documents\OneDrive - Southern Cross University\Personal\RIDDUM\MDKPimPom\New 2017\iteration 03\JedShivaMeter code\jedshivameter-code-r16\x64\Release\JedShivaMeter.exp
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined
1>Done building project "JedShivaMeter.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Can anyone help me with this pleeeeeeeease? :dance: :?:
polac

Post by polac »

Works for me, compiling with Visual Studio 2015. Did not change the sourcecode, I just changed the platformtoolset to "Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp)", then it compiled just fine.
polac

Post by polac »

Here is the dll:

"https://xlutop.com/buzz/zip/CyanPhase JedShivaMeter.dll"
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

Thank you so much polac, that's awesome! Dumped it into Buzz64 and it works a treat :) I will take another look at Visual Studio and see if I can get it to work too; forays into Buzz64 may require more source code recompiles. I'll post anything that I manage to recompile in case it's useful to someone . . .
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

etruscan wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:46 pm Under 'Platform' I selected '<New...>', then selected 'New platform/x64' and 'Copy settings from/<Empty>' (the other option is to copy from Win32). 'Create new solution platforms' is ticked. Since it's empty, I'm not expecting it to work, but I'm going back to the main window and selecting 'x64' in the drop-down. Then I right-click on 'Solution 'JedShivaMeter' (1 of 1 project) and select 'Build Solution'. Sure enough, it doesn't work; I get the following in the output window:
I did the same(maybe :) ),with result : ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
But what should be the next steps ....
I used Visual Studio 2019 free version.This created directory x64 with some files.
IMAGE:https://ibb.co/Qn6k203
Attachments
build 64.PNG
build 64.PNG (150.38 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

polac wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:30 am Works for me, compiling with Visual Studio 2015. Did not change the sourcecode, I just changed the platformtoolset to "Visual Studio 2015 - Windows XP (v140_xp)", then it compiled just fine.
Thank you polac.It is already working here too.Thanks to polac and etruscan!
EDIT:Thanks to authors for updating sourcecode :Joachip,Edwardlblake,Outofobscure(UNZ).
Attachments
working.PNG
working.PNG (56.92 KiB) Viewed 3975 times