MilkDrop in Buzz?

Candle

MilkDrop in Buzz?

Post by Candle »

Anyone ever thought to make a machine that will playback Winamp's amazing MilkDrop Visualization preset within Buzz? I know back in Old Buzz Days, Overloader had the option to "Output To Winamp" so that you could have Visualizations sync'd to your Buzz Tunes. But if there was a Buzz Machine that played MilkDrop visualizations natively, that would be even better. Especially since the MilkDrop code is now open source:

MilkDrop2 Source Code

I'd dabble with this, but my coding skills are next-to-non-existant (I can write a few (really sad) programs in Basic, that's about it). :lol:

Just a crazy idea (dream?), if any Dev wants to run with it.

See You In The Shadows…
magmavander

Re: MilkDrop in Buzz?

Post by magmavander »

Maitopisara is a native buzz machine playing milkdrop vids in buzz :

https://forums.jeskola.net/viewtopic.ph ... aitopisara

Fun machine :D
Candle

Post by Candle »

I missed that one. Thanks magmavander!

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

Of course it would be WDE who patched the MD2 src into a Buzz FX machine :mrgreen:

See You In The Shadows…
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

There is so many machines...
I agree wde is creating a lot of useful tools for Buzz. A BIG thanks to him!!
With MaiToPisara it seems that the next (n) and previous (p) key didnt work to change the preset and I'm not sure it's really synced to the incoming sound.
But the vids are top awesome ;)
Candle

Post by Candle »

Next (n) & Previous (p) were working fine for me last night when I tested the machine. It seems (from reading the OP), that the machine acts differently on different systems depending on a bunch of dependency files. Maybe WDE or someone else could give the code a look through to clean up some of these problems & add some new features (like controlling some of the features from Buzz parameters as mentioned in the OP). But, we'll have to wait & see on that, I guess :D

See You In The Shadows…
polac

Post by polac »

I also coded a winamp wrapper for visualization plugins 15 years ago, never released it as it was buggy with some visualizations.
wde

Post by wde »

MaitoPisara was a quick try to see if MilkDrop visualizations could be displayed as a Buzz effect. Hack but kind of works (on a good day). Not going to touch that one so passing the torch to the next brave soul.