Modern Sequence Editor

wde

Re: Modern Sequence Editor

Post by wde »

• Fixes
Some changes how it is loaded so if you find issues, just remove+add it again to your project.
wde

Post by wde »

Klangkulisse wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:59 pm Or is this a hint for machine developers?
Yes, users don't need to care.
rav

Post by rav »

Now it works pretty nice with AudioBlock.
Thank you for smaller window!

Do you have some new version for EnvelopeBlock maybe? :)
Old version is making many audio glitches here, especially with zoom in/out in modern sequencer. I think it have some big issues with processing power leak into the void. Buzz with this machine goes CPU heavy and can't stop even after deleting all machines from session. Buzz restart is needed.
I also found, that Assigns destinations are not refreshed after adding new machine to session. There is need for putting pattern again to sequencer.
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

wde wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:37 pm
  • Fixes
Some changes how it is loaded so if you find issues, just remove+add it again to your project.
Yes, working, many thanks again
wde

Post by wde »

rav wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:33 pm Do you have some new version for EnvelopeBlock maybe? :)
Old version is making many audio glitches here, especially with zoom in/out in modern sequencer. I think it have some big issues with processing power leak into the void. Buzz with this machine goes CPU heavy and can't stop even after deleting all machines from session. Buzz restart is needed.
I also found, that Assigns destinations are not refreshed after adding new machine to session. There is need for putting pattern again to sequencer.
Please download again. Some improvement and fixes.

Edit: Updated both. Fixed some event allocation bugs that might have caused issues.

Edit 2: More fixes.
mute

Post by mute »

Klang, posted the code.

Oskari, make this a (optional) default over the current seq, and let it be detachable for second window for those who want that.

Pretty please. Needed this for years. Vertical sequencer is god and still unique to our beloved buzz. Let's get this shit going already.

Here's a buzz tune for while you work : https://soundcloud.com/light_box/lightb ... un-huur-tu
wde

Post by wde »

Updated machine & source. Now double clicking machine name brings it topmost.
mute wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 am Oskari, make this a (optional) default over the current seq, and let it be detachable for second window for those who want that.
Yes. Or even better: allow user to select sequence editor the same way default Pattern Editor can be changed. This would make Buzz even more modular!
mute wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 am Here's a buzz tune for while you work : https://soundcloud.com/light_box/lightb ... un-huur-tu
I like it. Now make a version that uses EnvelopeBlock ;)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I think if the new 'CTRL+Q' version of Oskari's Pattern Editor was feature complete and the new default, this became the new Sequence editor, and both had Envelope Block features .... I'd probably ditch Ableton and return back to lovely Buzz !
Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm loving the <CTRL+Q> Pattern Editor. And your Modern Sequence Editor has really improved my workflow, WDE :dance:

I can't imagine what marvel you'll create for us next :o

See You In The Shadows…
rav

Post by rav »

mcbpete wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:11 pm I think if the new 'CTRL+Q' version of Oskari's Pattern Editor was feature complete and the new default, this became the new Sequence editor, and both had Envelope Block features .... I'd probably ditch Ableton and return back to lovely Buzz !
Yeah, i would love to see some day to have this row division feature (CTRL + 1,2,3,4,...) from 'CTRL+Q' pattern editor in pattern XP mod :roll:
rav

Post by rav »

wde wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:33 pm
rav wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:33 pm Do you have some new version for EnvelopeBlock maybe? :)
Please download again. Some improvement and fixes.

Edit: Updated both. Fixed some event allocation bugs that might have caused issues.

Edit 2: More fixes.
In built in sequencers there is a feature which i use every time to play sequence. It's F6 shortcut - it plays sequence from the selected row. Is it possible to add it to your machine? :)
wde

Post by wde »

rav wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:21 pm In built in sequencers there is a feature which i use every time to play sequence. It's F6 shortcut - it plays sequence from the selected row. Is it possible to add it to your machine? :)
Yes, updated. No idea why I did it the other way :)
rav

Post by rav »

Is it possible to add 'type in' feature for select machine by name? Would be great addition, if you have a little bit more machines to search for. Actually it is also a feature in old sequencer and some classic peer machines.
wde

Post by wde »

• Fixes
rav

Post by rav »

Playing with Ctrl+Arrow Up/Arrow Down shortcuts you can make some destructions do sequencer :D

Edit:
Auto scroll down after adding pattern would be nice too.
wde

Post by wde »

rav wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:56 pm Playing with Ctrl+Arrow Up/Arrow Down shortcuts you can make some destructions do sequencer :D
Wow... Weird :)

Fixes
wde

Post by wde »

• Save Window position, size and state
  • Ctrl-S/O/N
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Right now, Set End uses the bottom of the currently-highlighted block as its reference point - the native sequencer has always used the top of the currently-highlighted block for both Set Beginning and Set End. Would it be possible to give an option to make MSE like OSE in this regard, so lazy ol' me doesn't have to undo years of habit? :shock: (that's me trying to give pleading puppy eyes but just looking weird)

Also, this might be strictly a personal preference, but I think it'd be nice to have an option to open MSE in a "separate window" (similar to when unchecking "Embedded VST GUI" in PVST), because if I'm bouncing from MSE to pattern editor or a VST GUI, it takes a moment to remember where the MSE machine is in order to double-click it to open the MSE again, whereas if it was a "separate window" I'd just either alt-tab or click the taskbar icon to get back in sequencer-land. Obviously this probably isn't an issue for people on multi-monitor setups (someday... someday :D), so imo this is probably only worth doing something about if someone other than me thinks it's a good idea. :)
wde

Post by wde »

Ctrl-W opens a new window so you can do alt-tab to switch between windows. It flickers a bit if you move cursor and Buzz window is open and behind it. I don't know how to fix that.

'OldStyleSetEndMarkers' setting added.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

wde wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:20 pm Ctrl-W opens a new window so you can do alt-tab to switch between windows. It flickers a bit if you move cursor and Buzz window is open and behind it. I don't know how to fix that.

'OldStyleSetEndMarkers' setting added.
:o :o :o

What a response - wde, you are an absolute exemplar of coding.

Okay, my next issue is that it doesn't spit out purple unicorns imbued with renewable room-temperature fusion energy (at least not on Windows 7 - can someone on Win10 confirm?), it's a little bit laggy when repairing damaged biological tissues, and I think there are a few cancers that it doesn't cure in the current build of 32-bit Buzz :D