Building BuzzGUI in 2020

IXix

Building BuzzGUI in 2020

Post by IXix »

Any chance of a step by step on how to get it up and running with VS 2019 Community? I used to almost understand it a long time ago but it seems that the relevant brain cells have died in the intervening years. :(
wde

Re: Building BuzzGUI in 2020

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:20 pm Any chance of a step by step on how to get it up and running with VS 2019 Community? I used to almost understand it a long time ago but it seems that the relevant brain cells have died in the intervening years. :(
There is this topic :)

Anyways the big hurdle is to find correct version of old packages that work nicely with BuzzGUI. MachineView is probably the hardest one to get building.

I don't think you need to build them all so it should be easier hack some of the subprojects separately.
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:31 pmThere is this topic :)
Yeah, I searched and found that. Can't really remember being involved in it. :lol:

I know there are NuGet packages to install etc. but I don't know whether I should be installing old versions (and if so, which?) and also what about .NET platform targets and all that voodoo? All this is a bit over my head. I'm only a drummer. :lol:
Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm only a drummer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good stuff IX!

See You In The Shadows…

(Of course, Magic sort of proves your assertion as being False ;) )
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:11 pm(Of course, Magic sort of proves your assertion as being False ;) )
Ha, if I wasn't just a drummer it would be do way more and I wouldn't be losing the current thread sync battle! :lol:
wde

Post by wde »

For reasons unknown I chose the following versions:

Code: Select all

Fody 6.11: MachineView
ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll 0.85.4.369: Common
Newtonsoft.Json 12.0.3: MachineView, ParameterWindow
PropertyChanged.Fody 3.2.8: MachineView
System.Reactive/Core/Interfaces/Linq 4.3.2: WaveformControl
Some libraries had compatibility problems so that is why version numbers might be oldish. Haven't tried but you could also reference dlls directly in Buzz folder.
Candle

Post by Candle »

Well, I think we've discussed my coding skills before.

Code: Select all

10 Print "Candle can't code"
20 Goto 10
Is about the extent of it ;) (Tho, I can play around with some things (HTML, a little JAVA maybe, but that's about it…)

So, you're far ahead of me in such things.

I guess tho, techically, anytime we're composing with Buzz, we're essentially coding. I mean, Trackers are essentially feeding code into the Audio Driver (Play Note X using Sample Y at Time Code Z with Effect A using Parameters B,C & D). So in a way, all us Buzzers are Coders :lol:

Viva la code!

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:51 pm For reasons unknown I chose the following versions...
Cool, thanks for that! I want to try building it because every time I go to debug my machine, I get an exception from something that's got nothing to do with my machine and it's REALLY pissing me off because it's completely blocking me from actually debugging my own code. I figure if I build BuzzGUI I might be able to figure out why it keeps crashing all the time and then maybe I'll be able to advance my own project. :roll: