Please, please help me stop this exception!!!

IXix

Please, please help me stop this exception!!!

Post by IXix »

Can any real programmers help me figure out why this keeps happening? It's not my code because sometimes it happens before I've even had chance to create an instance of my machine. Searching hasn't helped much except discovering that lots of people seem to have similar issues. There was a suggestion that reinstalling Visual Studio might fix it but that didn't work. Although it says Buzz has crashed, it never happens when I'm not debugging so I think it must be something to do with the debugger itself. It's driving me nuts. :(

wde

Re: Please, please help me stop this exception!!!

Post by wde »

I see you are compiling 64bit version so does this happen if you target 32bit Buzz?
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:54 pm I see you are compiling 64bit version so does this happen if you target 32bit Buzz?
Yes, at least I think so. Haven't done a 32 session for a while but IIRC it happens in both, though possibly less in 32. I'll do some 32 this weekend to confirm though.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Yeah, happens in 32 as well. Buzz ran for all of about ten seconds before this happened...

I have a feeling that it often happens when I interact with a menu (you can see the Buzz open file menu at top left of the capture) but it seems to be fairly random. I also think it's connected to my interaction with the program as I accidentally left a debug session (64 bit) running in the background for maybe half an hour or so after I got sidetracked and the exception didn't happen.

:?:
IXix

Post by IXix »

I think I might have fixed it. :idea:

I had both VS2010 and VS2019 installed and I wondered if perhaps there might be a conflict, so I uninstalled both and then put 2019 back. I've had a couple of debugging sessions of five or ten minutes without that exception happening, which is much longer than I can usually manage, so I'm feeling optimistic.
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:55 pm I think I might have fixed it. :idea:
Nope, still happens but it does at least seem to be less frequent. I guess I'll have to try building BuzzGUI and see if that sheds any light on the matter. :roll: