64bit envelope.ocx?

IXix

64bit envelope.ocx?

Post by IXix »

I'm trying to get PeerCtrl working as a 64bit machine. It builds and loads into Buzz without errors (lots of warnings) but when I try to open the Assignment Settings dialog, it crashes.

I had a hunch it might be because of the ActiveX envelope control and if I remove that from the dialog, the dialog displays without any problems. Should the existing envelope.ocx work in a 64bit setting or does it need a 64bit version? If it should work, how can I figure out why it's crashing the dialog? If it needs a 64bit version, does such a thing exist or is the code for the control available?
temporalsounds

Re: 64bit envelope.ocx?

Post by temporalsounds »

IXix wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:52 am does such a thing exist or is the code for the control available?
Hi IXix
Did you mean c++ code ?
Attachments
peerctrl.PNG
peerctrl.PNG (9.04 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

temporalsounds wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:52 pmDid you mean c++ code ?
No, I've got that code. I need to persuade the envelope control to work in 64bits. It really doesn't like it.

I tried making a new MFC project to see if it was some legacy code causing the problem but it's exactly the same. Works fine in 32bit but in 64bit it crashes as soon as CDialog.DoModal() is called.

It would be good if I can get this working since PeerCtrl uses envelope.ocx in two dialogs and PeerADSR uses it too. The alternative is to try to write my own custom control to mimic what envelope.ocx does. Probably not massively difficult but I'd prefer it if I didn't have to. I though getting these peer machine 64bit happy would be fairly trivial. :roll:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Done a bit more searching on this and I'm getting the impression that using the existing ocx in a 64bit dialog is not going to fly.

@oskari do you still have the code for envelope.ocx?

Is anyone in contact with Stygmate?