Some note on/off bugs that keep happening

Mozart von Robot

Some note on/off bugs that keep happening

Post by Mozart von Robot »

I'm not a dev (sorry) so I don't know if this is a Buzz issue or an issue with particular plugins, but I've noticed these similar issues with Sample Grid 3 beta 1 and Jeskola Qsamo and with Polac VSTi hosting OT Strings or Spitfire LABS where notes will either hang and just not stop, or not play. The issue with Sample Grid 3 beta 1 in particular is that it'll just occasionally ignore the OFF message, but a second OFF usually takes (not a great thing to happen with open hi-hats or sample chops, where the timing of note-offs is important), and the issue with Qsamo involves muting or soloing and something gets confused, but it's usually fixable by clicking stop. The same cannot be said for the OT Strings VST, which basically seems to require reloading the whole project. The issue with LABS is typically that it'll occasionally skip a note, if I remember correctly.

Not sure where these bugs are located, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

EDIT: Also just remembered another bug...VST's keep crashing. All at once. Not sure why.