new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

polac

Re: new pvst beta (updated 29-Mar-2019)

Post by polac »

Ok i have found workaround, disable load/save in gui thread fixes the problem. Hold ctrl + alt to access the bridge preferences.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

polac wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:56 am Ok i have found workaround, disable load/save in gui thread fixes the problem. Hold ctrl + alt to access the bridge preferences.
Hmm, I guess you mean: Per Plugin > Async Load Save? I disabled it on each instance. Then saved and loaded and saved again without opening the GUI of any instance and it seems to work now! Thanks a lot! :dance:
polac

Post by polac »

Yeah that's it, I renamed it in my version as it seems.
polac

Post by polac »

Btw cool synth. :)
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Thanks! Glad you like it. I'm happy that polac loader is so powerful and that there always is a solution for any problem. :)
polac

Post by polac »

So does Synthedit also export as vst3? I found the presetfiles in "my documents", these seem to be vst3 presets which are based on xml.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

Yes it does. It also exports to mac AU but any third party modules must have been compiled on mac first. You can actually just rename the dll to vst3 to get the vst3 version. IIRC the vst2 version in SE 1.4 is even based on VST3.
polac

Post by polac »

That sounds interesting. I have still an old Synthmaker version here, this only exports x86 vst2's.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

I haven't used Synthmaker my self. I've heard that the alpha or betas of Flowstone can make 64-bit VSTs. Flowstone is the new Synthmaker and is also aimed for programming robots.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Could just be a problem with this VST, but I wasn't able to load the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of it in Buzz

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb3300.html
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Hey mridlen.
Here works good.
Attachments
fb3300.JPG
fb3300.JPG (192.36 KiB) Viewed 9778 times
polac

Post by polac »

mridlen wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 4:54 pm Could just be a problem with this VST, but I wasn't able to load the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of it in Buzz

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb3300.html
I think i had this running fine here.
polac

Post by polac »

Ok I downloaded the latest zip and tested both versions x64/x86, both working fine here
polac

Post by polac »

Perhaps you should try to run the dependency walker to see if there are some missing dlls.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Polac, do you have any ideas what might cause a particular .BMX file to always crash when trying to load new instances of a specific .VST, when I can load multiple (even dozens) of that particular .VST into a blank project with no crash? Using Buzz 32, on Windows 7 64, and a 64-bit .VST, if that helps narrow it down.

I'd love to just attach a .BMX, but it centers around a paid VST plugin (two, in fact - an effect and an instrument). The effect is MorphVerb64. Trying to add a second instance will freeze Buzz, and I'll have to manually kill the vst_64 task from Task Manager.

The instrument is Microtonic 64. PVST seems to be "poisoned" in such a way that even so much as LOADING the .BMX file will cause Microtonic to forget its registration status. I can open and close Buzz and add Microtonic 64 to a new project as many times as I like, but opening the "poison" .BMX will trigger the issue 100% of the time. The 32-bit version of Microtonic doesn't seem to be affected.

I had an issue in the past which might also be related, where I had a "poisoned preset" for Serum that would crash everything on load. Here's what Steve Duda said about it:
Thanks for the report, so it seems the host set a parameter (Mod 4 Amt)
to an in invalid number (NaN), I have always verified range but didn't
check for invalid numbers..that's a first in fact. It does make me
suspect a host issue.
I wish I could provide steps to reproducing this, as I'm sure it would make things easier, but it seems to be an intermittent "glitch" in the VST exe. I've gotten in the habit of saving new copies of my .BMX's all the time because of how frequently pVST will fail to "completely" save the presets in instruments.

Would be happy to do troubleshooting legwork on this one, I know this isn't much to go on by itself, I just need to know which direction to look in.

Here's a Dependency Walker screenshot of \Gear\Generators\Polac VSTi.dll - it does report some errors, but Googling leaves me under the impression that this is misleading and there's nothing to be concerned with. Maybe it'll be useful anyway? The vst_64.exe Dependency Walker output looks identical to this.

(everything below this point is fine)
polac

Post by polac »

I'll check Serum as I own that too. Steve says i set a wrong parameter value. Usually i'm not saving the values on song saving and I doubt that serum does not save chunkbased. I'll take a closer look.

My Brother owns Microtonic and found out the following:

Microtonic forgets its registration in Windows 10 here too, you can fix it by setting compatibility mode to Windows 7(the vst.exe or the Buzz.exe).
polac

Post by polac »

Hmm I save chunkbased as I thought. Does not crash here on song load. Do you have "Save Vst Params to Song" enabled in the preferences?
polac

Post by polac »

So, I'm doing now a "nan" and "inf" check before writing vst parameters. But that doesn't help in case of Serum i think.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Not sure if it's intentional, but I have just spent a couple of days wondering why i couldn't get MIDI out through your midi out, and found out the problem was I had 2+2 buffers (ASYNC) set in Polac ASIO. Worked as soon as I switched back to 2 buffers (SYNC).

(And by 'wondering' I mean going insane trying everything I could think of, and demanding help from everyone in the irc channel, sorry... )
polac

Post by polac »

mantratronic wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:23 pm Not sure if it's intentional, but I have just spent a couple of days wondering why i couldn't get MIDI out through your midi out, and found out the problem was I had 2+2 buffers (ASYNC) set in Polac ASIO. Worked as soon as I switched back to 2 buffers (SYNC).

(And by 'wondering' I mean going insane trying everything I could think of, and demanding help from everyone in the irc channel, sorry... )
Odd, should work even with async modes, i'll check it.