new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

boombaxx

Re: new pvst beta (updated 25-Dec-2014)

Post by boombaxx »

How do you get polac asio in to work in 64 bit. When i try to use it crashes buzzengine 32 bit and then buzz crashes. I cannot use 32 bit buzz because of the ram limitations
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

32-bit Buzz is the one everyone is using, so I think you need to concentrate on getting that to work first.

Can you explain these "ram limitations" in more detail? Maybe there are some work-arounds...
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

I am using a 3 .5 gig lib from kontakt 32 bit only addresses 4 gig. There is also 2 other libs i am using which takes it to 6 gig total which is beyond 32 bit buzz.Polac asio in 32 bit buzz works just fine. But crashes when i try load the 64 bit version into 32 bit buzz. But 32 bit loads fine in 64 bit. I am trying to get the polac asio to work in 64 bit but it crashes buzz and ruins the buzz file as it refuses to load the polac asio machine.
pac

Post by pac »

Joachip wrote:Can you explain these "ram limitations" in more detail? Maybe there are some work-arounds...
Using Buzz 64-bit is like being born anew... And where does the newborn go from here? The world of samplebanks is vast and infinite.

And since I'm posting here, thank you polac for the best VST loader in existence. Sometimes I wonder why such a messed up standard came to be so widespread, but with this loader you can completely own VST's ass.

boombaxx, I use WASAPI for output, it just werks for me.
Attachments
my e2.png
wde

Post by wde »

Hi,

I had to reinstall Buzz and all vst plugins, and I ran in to a problem with Kontakt 3 VSTi.

If I create a new instance of Kontakt 3 all works well, no issues. But Buzz freezes when I use either my old templates or load old songs that include Kontakt 3.

I'm guessing that there is some sort of version mismatch (I might be using more recent update of Kontakt 3). Any guidance how to debug the problem?

Edit: Ok, problem found. Corrupted plugins.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

recently bought ozone7, seems to crash buzz when i try to load it. other vst hosts load it fine. previous versions of ozone worked fine in buzz.
tested on 1.1.10b (build 28).

there's a trial if you want to test it:
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/mix ... ing/ozone/
polac

Post by polac »

UNZ wrote:recently bought ozone7, seems to crash buzz when i try to load it. other vst hosts load it fine. previous versions of ozone worked fine in buzz.

I'll take a look this weekend. But does it help to load the plugin as a separate process(hold shift key while loading the plugin)?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

polac wrote:
UNZ wrote:recently bought ozone7, seems to crash buzz when i try to load it. other vst hosts load it fine. previous versions of ozone worked fine in buzz.

I'll take a look this weekend. But does it help to load the plugin as a separate process(hold shift key while loading the plugin)?

thx a lot. hmm i tried setting the flag "run in separate process" in the vst properties for ozone7, that kind of made it worse. now buzz really crashes, before the buzz-gui would just appear to hang and i had to force buzz to quit.
one odd thing is that only the (x64) version shows up in the plugin selection of PVST right-click menu (even after a rescan) but if i type-to-add-new-machine i can select the 32bit version too.
tried disabling multithreading: no luck. tried manually loading the dll with open... (there's a kind of shell dll too it seems..) but just get the buzz-gui hang again.
i'm running buzz 32 bit version on windows 10.
polac

Post by polac »

UNZ wrote:thx a lot. hmm i tried setting the flag "run in separate process" in the vst properties for ozone7, that kind of made it worse. now buzz really crashes, before the buzz-gui would just appear to hang and i had to force buzz to quit.
one odd thing is that only the (x64) version shows up in the plugin selection of PVST right-click menu (even after a rescan) but if i type-to-add-new-machine i can select the 32bit version too.
tried disabling multithreading: no luck. tried manually loading the dll with open... (there's a kind of shell dll too it seems..) but just get the buzz-gui hang again.
Ok it tried it now and it seems to work here in buzz32 on windows 8.1 here, tested with 32bit/64bit versions of ozone. I only installed the vst2 version no vst3 and other stuff. I did not download the advanced ozone version only the normal version.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

polac wrote:
UNZ wrote:thx a lot. hmm i tried setting the flag "run in separate process" in the vst properties for ozone7, that kind of made it worse. now buzz really crashes, before the buzz-gui would just appear to hang and i had to force buzz to quit.
Ok it tried it now and it seems to work here in buzz32 on windows 8.1 here, tested with 32bit/64bit versions of ozone. I only installed the vst2 version no vst3 and other stuff. I did not download the advanced ozone version only the normal version.
hmm i just deleted everything related to ozone7 and did a full rescan and it still shows up in buzz's type-to-find-machine thing. and still causes buzz to freeze when i try to load it. not sure what goes on here but i'll report back when i did more testing. seems that its using a shell dll and that i was using the vst3 version:
i'll try to re-install only the vst2 version and see if i can load that somehow instead.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

ok so i installed only the vst2 version now, did a full rescan (which found 1 unknown dll), now when i try to load that it say "Load Error".
somehow a lot of weird stuff is going on here, like multiple copies of the vst3 version (even tho i uninstalled it completely), and the vst2 version shows up as vsti and vst (both have "load error").
there are 2 dlls that come with vst2 version of ozone apparently (iZotope Ozone 7.dll and iZOzone7.dll): i think it somehow gets confused as to what is vst2/3 or x86/x64.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

OK i solved it!
the mistake was installing x86 and x64 into the same path and since they use the same filenames the x64 overwrote the x86.... what happened is that i ended up ONLY with the x64 version, which doesn't work. Now installed them to separate locations and the 32bit vst2 version works, doh. sorry :)
some duplicates still show up in the plugin list and you have to be carefull because only one of them really works

edit: i deleted the PVST Data folder and after a bit of rescanning the plugin still shows up 3 times but now it actually doesn't crash anymore and loads no matter which one of the two i select.
its strange that it does still show up in other places, but it works. to summarize the situation now: i only have the 32bit vst2 version installed, but this is what happens (the upper two ones work tho, so thats good, no idea why it says vst3shell.dll though when i only installed vst2 versions):

RJ1

Cols and Rows not working

Post by RJ1 »

Hello there,

I wonder noone came across this error:

Today i went over to Buzz 2. Installed it on two different systems, Win XP, SP2, and Win 7 , 64bit pro.
Both with quite a number of VST Plugins and the latest 10b30 PVST Loader.

On both installations the Cols+Rows and "Sepeators" Settings in the Loader dont show any effect.
All VST Plugins in the loader submenu appear in one huge line from top to bottom of the screen where i must scroll through to find the disired plugin.

I have tested an old old 1b8 too. On an old Buzz 1.2 installation cols+rows work fine, but not with Buzz 2.

Who knows help ?

RJ
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

I am having a problem with freeze when using kontakt 5 it is causing all the plugins to crash when it finishes freezing. All the freeze files are 0 bytes
polac

Post by polac »

boombaxx wrote:I am having a problem with freeze when using kontakt 5 it is causing all the plugins to crash when it finishes freezing. All the freeze files are 0 bytes
Odd, I don't see a reason why kontakt shouldn't work with freeze. Is one of my waveout drivers active such as polac asio when using?
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Yes i am using polac asio out. Tried it with just K5 and it is still crashing
ags

Post by ags »

Do you still need to use realtime rendering with Kontakt ?
polac

Post by polac »

ags wrote:Do you still need to use realtime rendering with Kontakt ?
This could be the problem. Try to enable offline processing found in the edit menu(vst editor).
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Still crashing i am afraid. I,ll see if there is any update for K5
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I'm getting load errors on BiFilter 1.61 when setting up my new laptop (old laptop had an electronic failure of some sort). Not to worry, I keep good backups of everything. However, I cannot figure out how to troubleshoot this problem.

OS Platform is Windows 10 64-bit, with the usual 32-bit Buzz install.

Running the latest pvst builds 1.1.10b build 30.

I've gotten all my other errors cleared up (had some issues with Synthmaster, but it turned out that I had just loaded up the 64-bit dll instead of the 32-bit one) but this is the final nagging issue with getting migrated to Windows 10

Error Message
Title bar just says "Load Error" and the body contains the path to the DLL.

I have 2 sources I could find for this VST (shared for your convenience):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ggusv1wjnt8yg ... p.exe?dl=0

Just the dll file and manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wy6wdij80uze ... znpMa?dl=0

Thanks for the help in advance! And thanks Polac for the best VST support of any DAW.