historic bmx

mantratronic

historic bmx

Post by mantratronic »

Hi buzzers around the world,

I use buzz since a very long time now and I have dowloaded a lot of bmw/bmx from a lot of various buzzers.
Here you can download around 3000 files, some are just pure songs/tracks, some are demos/examples and some are remixes/collaborations/jams. There is here and there some extra files (it file, txt, doc, etc).
If you find one of your file and dont want it to be uploaded anymore, just tell me and I will remove it.
A lot of these files are anonymous, sorry.
Please feel free to download, remix, comment, etc...

It's here :
http://jeskola.net/buzz/songs/

[edit: as requested and compiled by magmavander, not me]
Buzztler

Re: historic bmx - Tips for newbies

Post by Buzztler »

First of all thanks to magmavander for opening his "Vault" of Buzz tracks, to the creators of the bmx/bmw and to Oskari for hosting it.

Well, I just want to give some - maybe - useful hints in case there are some newbies who want to listen to the tracks presented here. In most cases the modern and (newbie) Buzzer uses the latest Buzz beta 1495 at the moment and the latest machines versions.

Almost all the bmx/bmw load fine in the new Buzz, there are some which do not load or give error messages, for example when the outdated Rout VST-loader is used, or the wav-section is "corrupted" ... . These are some special cases and I do not want to explain how this can be fixed - other Buzers are free to do this (loading in an "old" Buzz may work). Let's concentrate on the other bmx/bmw-files ... .

In some cases when a track does not load correctly, it simply helps to load it again into Buzz.

Sometimes some tracks do not load properly if you use them in this special order. Simply try to load another track first and then load the track you want to hear after this one, this does the trick very often.

You load the bmx or bmw file into the new Buzz and start play and you hear only a lot of noise, in most cases the creator didn't want this ;), if you are hit by a very loud wall of white noise or something, rip of your headphones, or simply click on the icon that mutes buzz, or be careful from the start and always listen with a lower volume level.

Very often some noise is caused by the use of one plugin called "freeverb". If you look at the cpu monitor in such a case, you will notice that the freeverb consumes a lot of cpu-power, almost around 70 percent with ASIO depending on your hardware, this is the cause for the noise in your speakers or headphones, your pc simply cannot turn all information stored in the bmx/bmw into sound correctly.

To fix this quickly and to be able to listen to the track, make a backup of the bmx/bmw, or do not save the following action to disk, simply drop a HD Halyverb on all the freeverb machines and thereby replace them. In almost every case, you immediately can listen to the track, without the disturbing noises, o.k. the reverb is not as it was intended by the creator of the track but it is fine enough to decide if it is worth to "dig deeper" and replace the freeverb with all the parameters stored in it ... or to completely reactivate it in an old Buzz setup.

If your Buzz-setup misses a lot of effects which are stereo and you can't find them anywhere for download, than perhaps you should use Lee-Dragons Mono to Stereo Wrapper, a tool which converts older buzz effects programmed in mono to stereo machines. I think it is still available with instructions at the buzzmachines . com website.

Furthermore the NewBuzz beta 1495 is an "intelligent" program. Why? Let's see ... if you load a bmx/bmw everything seems to be fine. You start play and the track runs, but you do not hear any sound at all. Now, have a look at the "bottomline" of your buzzwindow. Down below the regular window (machineview etc) you may see a hint created by buzz that tells you that one of the machines used in the bmx/bmw you loaded, is not in the right folder ... you simply mixed up effects and generators. Correct it in your setup, restart Buzz and load the bmx/bmw, it may run fine now.

Hope my sort of hints are useful for one or another newbie ... and you have fun with the Jeskola-Buzz-Tracker ...

(... if you think the tips are not useful, tell someone else ... not me :lol: )
bozz

Re: historic bmx

Post by bozz »

mantratronic wrote:I use buzz since a very long time now and I have dowloaded a lot of bmw/bmx from a lot of various buzzers.
Here you can download around 3000 files...
Downloaded: 2953 files, 1,3G in 1h 14m 25s (308 KB/s)

Code: Select all

wget -r -l10 --no-parent http://jeskola.net/buzz/songs/
commadore65

Post by commadore65 »

Bit late to this party.. guess I need to show how stupid my tracks are. I'll be back but sober..xpect me
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

mantratronic wrote: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:30 am A lot of these files are anonymous, sorry.
Please feel free to download, remix, comment, etc...
It's here :
http://jeskola.net/buzz/songs/

[edit: as requested and compiled by magmavander, not me]
hi ,
Found this index of buzz songs bmx files time ago, so I tried to rmx/EQ ,started with :
-artist : Unknown Artist
- song : 01 - The Journey
bmx + mp3file
Last edited by temporalsounds on Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

temporalsounds wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:38 pm

hi ,
Found this index of buzz songs bmx files time ago, so I tried to rmx/EQ ,started with :
-artist : Unknown Artist
- song : 01 - The Journey
bmx file
mp3 track on files .fm
cool remix and nice idea.

Did you try this from bigyo & snowglobe ?
http://bigyo.untergrund.net/buzz/bigyo& ... omagic.mp3
One of the best buzz sound/songs around imho - unreachable. Still circling in my mind for remix bur never achieved. ;) bmx is in the parent directory.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

HerrFornit wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:24 pm
cool remix and nice idea.

Did you try this from bigyo & snowglobe ?
http://bigyo.untergrund.net/buzz/bigyo& ... omagic.mp3
One of the best buzz sound/songs around imho - unreachable. Still circling in my mind for remix bur never achieved. ;) bmx is in the parent directory.
thank you HerrFornit for listen the EQ-rmx.
Found the bmx from Bigyo and Snowglobe. Sounds amazing. Wow! :dance:
Thanks for hint ! :P
EDIT : cannot play mp3 , hmm,is it working for you ?
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

artists : bigyo and snowglobe
song : Woodoomagic
rmx EQ:

mp3 : mp3

EDIT : 9.24.2022 (excuse me HerrFornit,I moved track mp3 to droppppbox)
Last edited by temporalsounds on Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

temporalsounds wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:25 pm artists : bigyo and snowglobe
song : Woodoomagic
rmx EQ:

Woodoomagic mp3
ahh- you dared to add the most difficult thing, you have added drums to this melodic song :D Nice it put a smile in my face. Intresting tempo now. I thought that I could add rather slow drums, surprising. Great work and EQing. (and some more reverb/space I guess?).