Project Obscura

fetus ink

Project Obscura

Post by fetus ink »

Just finished up a piece that has a heavy gypsy influence, and is done entirely with the East West Quantum Leap libraries.

http://soundcloud.com/projectobscura/andrendina
chahur

Re: Project Obscura

Post by chahur »

Very nice work.
Apart from the price ... East West Quantum Leap seems to me not very easy to use.
Is it or not ?
Which libraries do you use ?
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

Thanks! I ended up getting Symphonic Orchestra Platinum, Pianos, Gypsy, Ra, Silk, Stormdrum 2 Pro, and Goliath. As far as ease of use, to be honest I think its fantastic. Its just a matter of switching articulations for different notes - which can get tedious at times - but its really not all that bad once you get the hang of if. :D
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

I really dig this . thanks for posting . will you be doing more stuff like this in the future ? I like how the track starts seemingly like some death industrial track and then goes into the gypsy sounding stuff . Ive always thought it would be cool to start a sorta gypsy punk meets breakcore sorta band .. my gf is learning to play accordion so we shall see .. :D
mcg

Post by mcg »

It isn't a terrain of my interest, but it seems it is faithful imitation of such a music language. Very vitty. My own intuition is that it is rather klezmer music influence than gypsy music.
fetus ink

Post by fetus ink »

syphilissauna wrote:will you be doing more stuff like this in the future ?
I can guarantee it! I've been experimenting with a lot of different styles lately, and since I did more industrial and metal shit in my past I can't help but throw in some of the darker influences upon these pieces. Granted, not every piece will have dark influence. I also have some rather 'happy' and 'nostalgic sounding' piano pieces in the works and will build on top of those. Just trying to become well rounded since I'd like to start working on pieces for independent games/movies/web-shows and all.
syphilissauna wrote: I like how the track starts seemingly like some death industrial track and then goes into the gypsy sounding stuff . Ive always thought it would be cool to start a sorta gypsy punk meets breakcore sorta band .. my gf is learning to play accordion so we shall see .. :D
Definitely try it! And be sure to send me a link when you do. One thing I hate seeing is any one person finding and working on one genre of music and just holding on to it like there is nothing else out there. Experimentation is what makes the evolution of music such a fantastic thing. Sometimes what comes out is going to sound like a joke, or just plain awful, but like any true golden discovery, you're going to make a lot of mistakes with bad outcomes in the process.
mcg wrote:My own intuition is that it is rather klezmer music influence than gypsy music.
I had no idea what that even was, so I had to check it out. I can see what you're saying. They are very similar. I just went by what was passed down to me from my gypsy ancestors, mostly, lol. They were all traveling fiddlers (and land pirates from what I gather) in the Hungarian/Romanian area. So I just go with what I know and how I feel when it comes to that style. ;) I don't really know much about theory and styles at all so I just do my own thing mostly. If it sounds like something else, then so be it! :D No harm in that
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

Definitely try it! And be sure to send me a link when you do. One thing I hate seeing is any one person finding and working on one genre of music and just holding on to it like there is nothing else out there. Experimentation is what makes the evolution of music such a fantastic thing. Sometimes what comes out is going to sound like a joke, or just plain awful, but like any true golden discovery, you're going to make a lot of mistakes with bad outcomes in the process.

^^^^
Def agree with this . No need cultivating nasty GENRE STAINS !