Old buzzer - few songs(!)

MarC

Old buzzer - few songs(!)

Post by MarC »

Hello. I'm an old buzzer with a few songs.

I don't like to blow my own trumpet - mainly because I can't play the trumpet. Nor do I own one. However, I am quite proud of my latest song - Quest (v2)

Anyway - all my stuff is here - http://www.buzztunes.org/music/marc

Enjoy!
szaszhareen

Re: Old buzzer - few songs(!)

Post by szaszhareen »

cool stuff man! thanks for sharing. it's not often that i see a buzztunes song categorized as "gothic".

quest version 2 is a very complex and well developed piece. cheers! :)

edit: this actually really blows me away! what an intense song. i felt like i was standing in front of the stage at a crazy black metal show. could you share what you did for the guitars and vocals?

edit 2: dude this music is positively incredible. you give yourself too little credit in your buzztunes description. bravo!
MarC

Post by MarC »

First off, thanks a lot - I'm glad you enjoyed it. It really took a long time to make this one (on and off) :)

The speech vocals were done by me and (the samples) pitch-shifted slightly to be lower. I then ran them through a "DtBlkFx VST" to make them deeper still. The de-tuned speech parts ( "It is only the beginning" ) go through a Pluto buzz machine that I switch on and off as and when I need to do that effect.

There is also some vocoder effect going on some of the speech that uses a mixture of the Orange vocoder VST and the Buzz machine (again, turn on and off when needed)

The singing vocals are a bit more complex: Basically I use text-to speech program its "longest" setting and a wav editor to get the timing right. That then gets played through a pair of VST vocoders ( TAL and ELS ) - maybe Orange is used here as well. This is simular to how I did the singing in Doomsday.

The guitars, well for the lead (as thats simplest) I use Slayer VSTI.

The main rhythm guitars are a combination of JGuitar and the VSTi Real Guitar. They both go through their own distortion machine (Boogex VST) and get stereo-spreaded by a Buzz machine.

A few guitar samples are also scattered about (including one of me trying to play the Quest riff on my electric)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

well done man. thanks for the insight!
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Ohh nice mood in that Quest 2 track.
MarC

Post by MarC »

Thanks mate :)