Got 'em.
elekt

Re: Buzz at 20

Post by elekt »

Also got tracks from kaneel/leenak.
Hamst3r

Post by Hamst3r »

Edited my original post to include one more. Totally forgot about it. My first big orchestral track: Power (ft. Solarian) :)
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

elekt

Post by elekt »

Got 'em. :dance:
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

Alright, got my old buzz running again, so I'll be contributing too.
I have a shitload of unfinished bits and pieces and some are quite old. Now I have to sort through them and find something worth sharing. :D

Any deadline on this project?
elekt

Post by elekt »

n3wjack wrote:Any deadline on this project?
Hi, n3wjack. December 1st.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Spacesuits are for spacemen and Pearls and Tales were made using buzz. With a singer called Anjuli. Pearls and tales was remixed at Abbey Road studios. Also Road rage rising with Ecut from Berlin

https://soundcloud.com/paulgroover/spac ... r-spacemen

https://paulgroover1.bandcamp.com/

https://youtu.be/GyN8xSjxQiY
Candle

Post by Candle »

boombaxx wrote:Spacesuits are for spacemen and Pearls and Tales were made using buzz. With a singer called Anjuli. Pearls and tales was remixed at Abbey Road studios. Also Road rage rising with Ecut from Berlin

https://soundcloud.com/paulgroover/spac ... r-spacemen

https://paulgroover1.bandcamp.com/

https://youtu.be/GyN8xSjxQiY
I quite enjoyed Spacesuits Are For Spacemen, boombaxx 8-)

See You In The Shadows…
anthing

Post by anthing »

Got around 300+tracks from ~1999 till today. But heres one from 2002

Bastard (2002) by Anthing #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/anthing/anthing-bastard
zephiris

Post by zephiris »

good thing i did the digging already for the live performance at zephod's wedding party...

i'll scout that folder soon and put up stuff... i guess i'll check with you on #buzz if we catch each other, else i'll just link them here...
elekt

Post by elekt »

Hi anthing, I couldn't find a way to download from soundclown. Could you make it an option? Ripping it is probably a bad idea.
elekt

Post by elekt »

Got tracks from intoxicat and gasman.
zephiris

Post by zephiris »

posed the link on #buzz
have at it... choose your favorites... ;)
elekt

Post by elekt »

Got 'em :)
elekt

Post by elekt »

Got some more from Gazprom/Lorenzo.
zephiris

Post by zephiris »

I noticed a few duplicates/pointless entries in my entries, so here some notes, additional credits and explanations:

pointless entry: rbx2scratch-rework
It is a later attempt at rescuing the original bmx, where the relevant whitenoise scratcher part was corrupted due to a hd crash I had during my stay at djboo's/pixxel's place in 2003, but I did not manage to successfully recreate the scratching, therefore the original ogg is the only thing that's left with that part in it. As such, the "rework" entry can be removed, since the only thing it adds to it is some clearer sound, but the cruicial scratching part is missing.

duplicate entry/listing: waitingsleepless8 rework
The entry on the listing is duplicate. This is a track that I was working in collaboration with someone, but I honestly do not remember who it was. At some point there was no reply anymore and when I revived the track years later, I was unable to track down who I worked with on this one. If we can find out who, it would be awesome to know. It was an emotional trip for me trying to remember and find out when I was digging through the old tracks. I only did half of the work on this one, so I desperately want to give credit to whoever it was I worked this on with.

Hale Bopp:
I wanted to remix the hale bopp track and was stuck at some point. That is where wizkid jumped in and added some drumwork and additional things that made the track more complete. There are several version around somewhere, but this is the only one I managed to salvage from bmx files. It lacks the swing that wizkid added, which made the track very, very funky. Big shout out to wizkid on this one.

Chii:
A remix attempt to the main theme of Chobits. Kind of failed. Or rather, I went a bit overboard... :/

FNK001:
many elements missing on this one, since it did rely heavily on the aux bus, which does not work properly or at all in my buzz setup. Towards the end, when the tempo slows down, originally it was intended that all those delay lines start going all chaotic and messed up. In this version this does not happen, since I had to replace some of the crashing delays, and the new ones do not fuck that up, which was intentional in the original bmx.

wonders005:
Djboo/Pixxel added some mw4II action in this one which almost killed my cpu back then. Credits to djboo/pixxel for at least 1/3rd of the work on this one.

HSE002:
This was a track from around 2001 or so, which was played a bit at the first EU Buzz gathering in Oelde, Germany in 2002. This rendering kind of lacks the punch and oomph the original bmx had. I did not spend much time trying to fix it, so the result is this rather flat and relatively silent thing you are hearing. :P

Chill Project:
This one is long... The original bmx was longer... much longer... I originally wanted to do a full hour track, with lots of movement and diverse variation within itself, but I never to got to finish it, partly because I was on musical hiatus for a long period. This is essentially a snippet rendering from quite some years ago. I recently attempted to revive the bmx of this track to play live at Zephod's wedding party, but I failed to do so... But this old rendering, which I did so I could put it on Soundcloud, does still sound somewhat nice that made me include it here as an entry for this anniversary.

tQrk:
A collaboration with th0ke from around 2000. This rendering is the version from the resurrected bmx, which I kind of did not need to change at all. I did however do a rework on it somewhen around 2004, but I never unleashed it to the public until the early 2nd decade of this century. As that would violate the rules of this anniversary thing, and the original was already quite nice, I decided to just put the original 2004 refurbished version here.

Vickey's Storm:
This was a homage to one of the demoscene girls I met somewhen around 2005 or so, at my first demoparty with the drifters. I was in a kind of a heavy creative burnout and Fabio added some crucial elements to this track that made it into something I could actually make public, so, he gets a big, big shout out and credit for this track.

Fabio Stein - EE:
I do not remember if the title of "electric empire" is even correct, it might also have been "egyptian empire" or something along those lines. Fabio sent me that bmx for a possible remix, I did some work on it, heavily modifying the snippet bmx he had sent me. I don't think we ever got to release it.

All in all, I think this collection sums up the first 10 years of my buzz adventure. earlier stuff than 2000 is mostly just experiments and getting to know electronic music production in general. There's a big big amount of bmx's lying around, quite a bunch are unusable today, some others would need a lot of fixing and replacing machines and effects, yet there are some that play just fine. Most need the parameters to be uptdated to work with sampling rates other than 44.1k, but since the latest windows reinstalls that I made some years ago, I decided to start from scratch, left those bmx's stowed somewhere and started recreating some presets and templates to have a new environment that runs at 96k. I could salvage some tracks to record in this higher sampling rate, and althought I was rejecting to recognize any difference between the sampling rates in times past, today I can hear that the difference is worlds apart. So, yeah... 44.1k times, byebye! You were valuable learning material, but it's time to move on and get the 96k jive on... ;)
Last edited by zephiris on Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay200MPH

Post by Jay200MPH »

Hey all, been a while!

Cool idea! Here's one of mine that I'd love to see included. I was originally writing this in ~2005 in Old Buzz. One day a plugin crapped out or something, and I never managed to get it to load again. Ah, Old Buzz. Fortunately a wav render of the second-last version survived, so that's what this is. It was originally for a Starcon2 remix compilation so if any of you are fans of that game you might recognize some of the motifs. 8-) There's a text file in the dir with a bit more description and a cover image, feel free to include those if you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wxcgzmcs9fpb ... ctpSa?dl=0

I can also dig up the bmx if wanted, it's on one of my backup drives but I do still have it. This track has been on my Soundcloud for a while but is otherwise unreleased. :)

Note: please credit 'jmph' (lowercase) which is my username / handle everywhere other than here, apparently.

I'm gonna look through my archives and see what else is lurking around there. No guarantees I can get any of it to load though. :P
elekt

Post by elekt »

Hi jmph, got the track, thank you.
elekt

Post by elekt »

Good luck with the new stage, roman.