Rhythmicon FU

thOke

Rhythmicon FU

Post by thOke »

Rhythmicon.jpg
Rhythmicon.jpg (13.2 KiB) Viewed 7230 times
I saw a video about the Rhythmicon developed by Léon Theremin 1930-32
and tried to create it's pattern arrangement in Buzz with FUdrum3.

Here is the somewhat clumsy result:
RhythmiconFu.zip
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_machine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythmicon

https://youtu.be/lG1td2BakRQ
magmavander

Re: Rhythmicon FU

Post by magmavander »

Captivating demonstration. Seems a lot of work.
I enjoyed the Poly 01. Thanks to share! 8-)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Excellent, great idea, and we can have a better sound in Buzz, Rhythmicon is a little bit painful. Leon Theremin was a strange guy, theremine is hard to play, and Rhythmicon is really weird, anyway, it's the roots.
Thak you for these templates. A new way for groove and polyrhythm.
tinga

Post by tinga »

I do something in September with your template, using Snowglobe's ScaleWalker and also IXix's Magic, to compare, also to try decimal values in magic, I post it now it's unfinished (of course) but I will use these templates, i like the chaos generated by these mathematical subdivisions, and also regular things.
Rhythmicon_snowglobe1b.7z
(16.5 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
Rhythmicon_Magic_Test1b.7z
(11.76 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
and a quick made bank for this great machine
Fuzzpilz FuDrum TngKaos.7z
(6.71 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

Those are great tinga, though I haven't got a clue how they work! :lol:

Where did you get "pac shing" from?
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:Where did you get "pac shing" from?
I don't remember, but its here now
pac shing.7z
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
The template using Magic is now empty, I have to optimise the structure, but the page system allows a lot of things.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I don't remember, but its here now...
Thanks!
tinga wrote:The template using Magic is now empty, I have to optimise the structure, but the page system allows a lot of things.
Have you noticed that you can do this kind of thing...
Attachments
Magic self drive.7z
Example of retriggering auto-play
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
tinga

Post by tinga »

Not really, I notice that page fire directly now after loading the file, autoplay :) , but I didn't use the internal triggering system :? , a crazy thing, Magic self drive works in any way you want, thank you to report me on this, I didn't realise the potential of all the complex loops we can do (yes very complex).
thOke

Post by thOke »

IX Magic, a truly magical machine! Thanks a lot IX for keeping on with it :!: :!:

In tinga's hands it's transcendental :ugeek:
Hard to "reverse engineer" these tracks, but why should i. ;) Great stuff! :dance:

and thanks for sharing the presets. here are mine for fudrum 3
(the kits are three-track, bd, snr, hh)
Fuzzpilz FuDrum 3 thOke.prs.xml.zip
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I notice that page fire directly now after loading the file, autoplay :)
Yes, that was always the intention but it was broken and I hadn't noticed. :oops:
tinga wrote:I didn't realise the potential of all the complex loops we can do (yes very complex).
Yes, there are very few limits! The hard part is keeping track of how it all fits together. The notepad machine becomes essential! :lol:
thOke wrote:IX Magic, a truly magical machine! Thanks a lot IX for keeping on with it :!: :!:
You're welcome. The pace of development has slowed but I still have plenty of ideas. Thanks for the FuDrum presets! :D
tinga

Post by tinga »

About the Magic's self drive, I see in your demo that the delay of the trigger sequence clock set the tempo, cool add this in your help :lol: maybe you do it, my English is not very good, in fact it's very logical, and very cool.
Just a question, when we turn your demo to an empty page, music doesn't stop, is it normal? have we to stop the sequence before?
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:About the Magic's self drive, I see in your demo that the delay of the trigger sequence clock set the tempo, cool add this in your help :lol: maybe you do it, my English is not very good, in fact it's very logical, and very cool.
The documentation is still a work in progress. :lol:
tinga wrote:Just a question, when we turn your demo to an empty page, music doesn't stop, is it normal? have we to stop the sequence before?
No, it should stop (I think! :lol:) You're the best bug hunter in the world tinga! I'll look at that tomorrow.

edit: Perhaps clearing the Event queue on a Page change should be optional, maybe per-Page? Hmmm....