Inserting Rows into Sequence Editor

zeffii

Inserting Rows into Sequence Editor

Post by zeffii »

Often I'd like to insert time ( some multiple of 16 ticks for example) at a given tick. The natural shortcut would seem to be Insert (or shift+insert), but that only inserts into 1 track/column at a time. How does one insert time into All tracks simultaneously? This would avoid needing to do that for each track manually or cut+paste.

The second question is about the pattern list. In buze a shorcut (space) was implemented to paste the selected pattern from the pattern list at the currently highlighted row/track. This allowed for quite fast pattern pasting.

Is there anything like PatternXP for the Sequence Editor?
oskari
Site Admin

Re: Inserting Rows into Sequence Editor

Post by oskari »

zeffii wrote:Often I'd like to insert time ( some multiple of 16 ticks for example) at a given tick. The natural shortcut would seem to be Insert (or shift+insert), but that only inserts into 1 track/column at a time. How does one insert time into All tracks simultaneously? This would avoid needing to do that for each track manually or cut+paste.

The second question is about the pattern list. In buze a shorcut (space) was implemented to paste the selected pattern from the pattern list at the currently highlighted row/track. This allowed for quite fast pattern pasting.

Is there anything like PatternXP for the Sequence Editor?
'ctrl-i','ctrl-d','''
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

Oskari, great thanks. I'm st00pid. Now I see them in the Help/files/Sequencer Editor Keys.htm

But spacebar no longer inserts the selected pattern from the pattern list? At least here it doesn't.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

OH GOD.
Why did I never notice this?!? :shock:

So embarassed...
elekt

Post by elekt »

zeffii wrote:Oskari, great thanks. I'm st00pid. Now I see them in the Help/files/Sequencer Editor Keys.htm

But spacebar no longer inserts the selected pattern from the pattern list? At least here it doesn't.
It's not spacebar, it's '
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

thanks Elekt!

maybe the manual can be updated..
- Buzz/Help/files/Sequencer Editor Keys.htm (doesn't mention it at all)
- Buzz/Help/files/Working with the Pattern List.htm (says it's spacebar)