Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!

IXix

Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!

Post by IXix »

You know the feeling where you've made something which is so ridiculously complicated that even you can barely remember how it works and you have to start writing instructions for the damn thing? Does anybody else ever get that feeling or is it just me? Is there a word for it? :lol:
nathansnider

Re: Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!

Post by nathansnider »

I think the word is "Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!"
IXix

Post by IXix »

nathansnider wrote:I think the word is "Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!"
I think you're right. :lol:
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I am now so curious.
Candle

Post by Candle »

So am I. But by the looks of things, it'll be hard for you to explain it to us, IX ;)

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:by the looks of things, it'll be hard for you to explain it to us, IX ;)
It's not so much complicated as sprawling. I've been chipping away at this machine for so long that I occasionally have to go look in the code to remember how it's supposed to work. Feature creep is a bitch! :lol:

Candle

Post by Candle »

That looks like a fun machine. Not sure exactly what it does (some sort of Peer Machine by the looks of things). I guess I'll have to wait until you release it :)

See You In The Shadows…
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

IXix wrote:You know the feeling where you've made something which is so ridiculously complicated that even you can barely remember how it works and you have to start writing instructions for the damn thing? Does anybody else ever get that feeling or is it just me? Is there a word for it? :lol:
I think this needs a new word.
How about „ridicated“ (ridicolous complicated).
The noun would be „ridication“, the verb „to ridicate“ (as an active deed to spoil clarity).
And opposite, „to unridicate“, which would be something IXix, you should may be do on your new machine – or better not?. 8-) ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Klangkulisse wrote:I think this needs a new word.
The noun would be „ridication“, the verb „to ridicate“ (as an active deed to spoil clarity).
And opposite, „to unridicate“, which would be something IXix, you should may be do on your new machine – or better not?. 8-) ;)
It's only likely to become more complicated as time passes. I've successfully avoided writing docs by pretending to be busy with PeerLFO but I don't think I can keep it up for long. I need to let this cat out of its bag so I'd better get back to writing docs.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Oh! Seems to be very interesting, a new way of automation?
IXix wrote:You know the feeling where you've made something which is so ridiculously complicated that even you can barely remember how it works
Yes, I made too much unwieldy bmx...
Candle

Post by Candle »

Klangkulisse wrote:
IXix wrote:You know the feeling where you've made something which is so ridiculously complicated that even you can barely remember how it works and you have to start writing instructions for the damn thing? Does anybody else ever get that feeling or is it just me? Is there a word for it? :lol:
I think this needs a new word.
Ridicate. I'm going to start using that all the time. :idea:

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:Oh! Seems to be very interesting, a new way of automation?
You'll love it. ;)
tinga wrote:Yes, I made too much unwieldy bmx...
:lol:
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Oh, that reminds me that I still gotta write some proper documentation for the Chopper effect. It may look simple, but there's a shitload of functionality under the hood. Writing a manual is gonna be...

Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!
Candle

Post by Candle »

Joachip wrote:Oh, that reminds me that I still gotta write some proper documentation for the Chopper effect. It may look simple, but there's a shitload of functionality under the hood. Writing a manual is gonna be...

Uuuuurrrrrgh!!!
Funny you say that. I was just thinking of using Chopper for an experiment I want to try. Some docs on how it works would be helpful :D

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Doc progress has been slow but machine progress has picked up a bit. Feeling my coding mojo (such as it is) again. :dance:

Got to get this thing out so that tinga will have something to do with his days! :D

/me wanders off muttering something about tooltips...
Candle

Post by Candle »

Hooray for coding mojo :!: :dance: :dance: :dance:

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. This is my 100th post :!: :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

Tooltips rock. :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

What's the word for when you start trying to document something but keep getting sidetracked into coding because you realise that you could improve this or that thing, or think of a cool new feature that you should have though of ages ago, or stumble across some bug that needs fixing?

Oh yeah... Uuuuurrrrrgh!!! :D
rav

Post by rav »

I want this Uuuuurrrrrgh!!! baby to test it by myself :twisted:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Soon, although the manual will have to be a work in progress.

Luckily I have discovered tooltips and it now displays a bit of help text in the status bar when you focus a control, which means I can put off writing a lot of the manual pages. There are still a few things which absolutely demand documentation though.

Soon! :)