Candle's Buzz Expæriments…

Candle

Candle's Buzz Expæriments…

Post by Candle »

Every February I participate in February Album Writing Month (http://www.fawm.org) - where you are challenged to write 14 songs in the 28 days of February. Below are some of my expæriments during FAWM - expæriments all built in Buzz. Enjoy!

Buzzing Paradoxes From FAWM 2017

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Re: Candle's Buzz Expæriments…

Post by Candle »

A generative music expæriment:

Aphrodite Dispatch From FAWM 2017

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

Playing around with TPB & Time signatures - a fun expæriment.

Streaking Pulsar From FAWM 2018

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

Playing around with Matilde's internal effects in this aptly named expæriment.

Experiment # 17 From FAWM 2017

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

As some of you may know, I participate in an online song writting challenge every February called February Album Writting Month or simply FAWM. I've been FAWMing now for 10 years & I just finished the 2020 edition with my largest song total to date (30 songs in the 29 days of this Leap February). All of these songs were created in Buzz & I try to describe my process in the liner notes of each song on the site. You can check out my entire FAWM output from this year at:

Candle's FAWM Page

But I thought I would highlight some of my favourites in this post.

Layered Oragami

This one was recorded live-to-tape (thanks to the MTW Recorder Machine). You can also see a picture of the latest version of my so-called "Live" Buzz Setup in the Lyrics portion of the page.

Punishment

This one uses WDE's Note Detector triggered by the vocals to drive an HG Fortune VSTi synth. It was lots of fun. Bonus points if you can solve the puns embedded in the lyrics :D

A Turtle Ate My Woman

This one has a funnyt story behind it, so please read the liner notes. But the reason I'm highlighting it here is that it was created with no VSTis, just native Buzz Machines.

Thanks for listening & don't hesitate to leave me some comments on these or the other songs here on this thread.

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

So this is the first year I've participated in FAWM's sister challenge: 50-90. The goal is to write 50 songs in 90 days from July to October. I'm currently sitting at 80 songs with less than a month to go in the challenge. Anyway, I thought I'd share my latest song Shadows Of Vanity which was composed, mixed & rendered in Buzz. It features VSTi's, native Buzz Machines, Soundfonts & Samples as Audio sources. A full description is posted on the song's 50-90 Page.

Comments always welcome!

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hey,

like your song Shadows OF Vanity. The piano is great, has great mood. The lead instrument sounds a bit like an annoying cat to me :lol: . I can imagine a cello or so instead? Anyway, nice song! You could post it in buzztunes.org

PS: 50 songs in 90 days is totally crazy :lol: ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

Nice track! :)
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Actually, 50-90 is a marathon whereas FAWM is a sprint. FAWM's challenge is 14 songs in the 28 days of February. Either way, both have a great community (mostly the same people actually). I even got one of the FAWMers (FAWM participant) to give Buzz a try. He's been experimenting with it & seems to like it so far.

I should post some of my stuff on buzztunes. All these years I've been Buzz'n & I've never posted any of my tracks there. Good suggestion, HerrFornit!

See You In The Shadows…