IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated March 23rd 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2020.03.23 - IX Magic 1.11b - x86
+ Fixed stupid Event load bug introduced in 1.11a (IX is an idiot :roll: )
Should work now. Sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

You definately fixed it, every example track wth IX Magic runs very smooth now.

I have Rhythmicon_Magic_Test1b.bmx running, tingas work as far as I remember right now. I had to get the "pac shing" machine and tried your instructions for Patchbay. Fine work, the patchbay 16x16 has been created in an almost magical way.

Never ever say that anybody and esp. you is stupid etc. you definately fixed the bug and took your time and knowledge to produce this nice machines which help us to be creative in an almost unbelievable way. So, more selfesteam please.

Still running Buzz with IX Magic long past midnight and listen to autogenerative music and sounds created with IX Magic... :dance:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Buzztler wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:24 am You definately fixed it, every example track wth IX Magic runs very smooth now.
Great!

(I'm only stupid occasionally. Usually I'm reasonably clever.)
Candle

Post by Candle »

You're brilliant IX :dance: All of your machines are Über-useful & innovative!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to open the ZIP file of the latest version (posted above). :( :?

I've tried re-downloading it. When I try to open in with 7-Zip it says:
Can not open file 'IX Magic 1.11b - x86 - 2020.03.23.zip' as archive
Has anyone else had problems unzipping the file :?:

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

OK, not sure what I did different, but it's now working. Ignore my previous message (except for the part about IX being brilliant :!: )

:oops: :oops: :oops:

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated April 5th 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm 2020.04.05 - IX Magic 1.11c - x86
+ Main dialog is now resizable (sucks a bit but works)
Little update bump.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Oh! Just see the update, cool the resizeable option. A single page could be enormous. :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

HerrFornit wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:36 pm no. As I can remember it gets replaced by a newer version.
It's all a deja vu, I suspect.

EDIT: I tried to install the visual c++ 2015 anyway, but I got setup failures.
Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed.

Already tried last year ...
@HerrFornit I had the same issue with another machine a couple of weeks ago. I solved it by uninstalling the redist packages first before reinstalling them. Might work for you. :?:
tinga

Post by tinga »

The resources page is also resizeable, but it causes a window inside the window, not very handy.
Happy Easter :)
Is there some easter eggs in Magic?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

IXix wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:22 pm @HerrFornit I had the same issue with another machine a couple of weeks ago. I solved it by uninstalling the redist packages first before reinstalling them. Might work for you. :?:
thanx for trying, but I fear I am doomed. The origin of this is probably that I replaced the pattern XP.dll years ago . This causes that I can not change between the 3 pattern editors without loosing notes, even the build in editor. The needed MS redist 2015 I can install after deinstalling the 2017 version, but that is not the cause of all this mess :( Perhaps a problem of filename vs internal machine name? I don't know. I accept this now ;) as a disadvantage I have problems with some songs of the community .... or with my own song changing this.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pm The resources page is also resizeable, but it causes a window inside the window, not very handy.
The resources window should scale up fine but you can shrink the window smaller than its content, so it's not all visible. Is that what you mean? I can't find an obvious way to limit the size of the window so I'm just living with it until it annoys me enough to do something about it. :D
tinga wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 pmHappy Easter :)
Is there some easter eggs in Magic?
I think the whole thing is an easter egg! :D

@HerrFornit Sorry I can't help. :(

Working on something neat. Just got to test a bit more...
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated April 12th 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2020.04.12 - IX Magic 1.12 -x86
+ Fixed incorrect handling of multiple Sequences triggered by the same note (hopefully doesn't break anything)
+ Using apostrophe on its own in a value field is now recognised as shorthand for 'Pass (was before but resulted in an empty field)
+ Note mode token is no longer restricted to note parameters. For non-note params the triggering note value is mapped to a percentage of the target param range.
+ Note mode token can now be used in MIDI values (but not for notes yet :roll:)
+ When using note mode with 'Pass, you can now specify a range of notes eg. 'Pass(C3-B7). Notes outside the range will be ignored. Notes within the range will map to the target param range.
+ Fixed a few crashes which I can't understand why they haven't been an issue before. :?:
+ Updated documentation to (hopefully) describe this stuff accurately.
+ Machine version 1.12, file version 11
Update time!

First a warning. I stumbled across some unwanted behaviour with MIDI Events and had to go tinkering in some dusty corners of the triggering code where I haven't been for a long time. As far as I can tell, it still seems to be working but keep an eye out for any unexpected behaviour and new bugs. Please check your Magic based tracks are behaving as you expect.

The main thing here though is rav's suggestion of allowing the use of 'Pass when controlling non-note parameters. I implemented that and went a bit further so you can now do stuff like 'Pass:%25-50 or 'Pass(C4-B4) or even 'Pass(C4-B4):%25-50 to do keyboard tracking things. Again, it seems to work as intended but keep an eye out for bugs.

Enjoy!
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thank you so much for continuing to develop this awesome machine, IX :D :mrgreen: 8-)

Will test it soon & let you know if I notice anything creepy & crawly…

See You In The Shadows…
thOke

Post by thOke »

Candle wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:26 am Thank you so much for continuing to develop this awesome machine, IX :D :mrgreen: 8-)
:!: :!: :!: :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

Thank you for the update.
I have problem to enter value in the extra param field, or when i use a peer control, % doesn't work, I can't write anything after %, "-" works, but not "+", normal value (N) no more, and for hexa, I can enter number but just one letter "f". Weird :?
Yes Magic is an easter egg, :lol: not so easy to discover all the possibilities.
I like so much the sequence we can build, really amazing, new concepts, I like since the beginning No Man's Sky, the worst game never made, but the idea is great, Magic allows to do the same thing with music, an enormous procedural thing, Hello games try to insert a small sequencer to create generative things, but is just pathetic.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 pmI have problem to enter value in the extra param field, or when i use a peer control, % doesn't work, I can't write anything after %, "-" works, but not "+", normal value (N) no more, and for hexa, I can enter number but just one letter "f". Weird :?
Ooops, sorry! Turn keyboard filtering off in the options. That's per a machine option so you'll need to do it for each instance and when you load songs, unless they're saved with it off. I'll try to fix that soon. I'm working on a new parsing system that will hopefully let me scrap this crappy old keyboard code.
tinga wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 pmYes Magic is an easter egg, :lol: not so easy to discover all the possibilities.
:D
tinga wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 pmI like since the beginning No Man's Sky, the worst game never made, but the idea is great, Magic allows to do the same thing with music, an enormous procedural thing, Hello games try to insert a small sequencer to create generative things, but is just pathetic.
I don't know anything about that. I'll have to do some searching. :?:
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:02 pm Turn keyboard filtering off in the options.
Great, I thought it was a bug 8-)
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pmGreat, I thought it was a bug 8-)
Yeah, it's a bug in the keyboard filtering. It's supposed to stop you from typing stuff that doesn't make sense into the box but the code is a horrible mess. I need to replace it with something better as soon as possible. :roll:
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated April 16th 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2020.04.16 - IX Magic 1.12a - x86
+ Fixed broken keyboard filtering. Really need to scrap all that code. :roll:
Uggh! That was horrible.

I'm going to kill that code so I never need to see it again. It might cause a ton of new bugs but it will be worth it.
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated April 16th 2020

Post by IXix »

Urrggh! Keyboard filter is still a bit broken. Just realised it's not accepting +/- anymore. Fix coming soon...