64bit migration

IXix

64bit migration

Post by IXix »

Can anyone share advice and tips for getting your 32bit Buzz setup transferred to 64bit Buzz? How have you done it?

What should definitely be copied? What should definitely not be copied? Which machines cause problems? Maybe this thread could be a resource for other people diving into the 64bit waters.
mcbpete

Re: 64bit migration

Post by mcbpete »

YMMV but I personally say don't do it: Stick with the 32bit build and use the PVSTi bridge to use any 64bit VST/i plugins. I tried 64bit Buzz a few months ago and the little amount of machines that actually seemed to work in the 64bit version of Buzz I just immediately went back to Buzz32

I can't really see many (if any) benefits of using the 64bit version of Buzz over the 32bit one.
IXix

Post by IXix »

mcbpete wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:38 pmI tried 64bit Buzz a few months ago and the little amount of machines that actually seemed to work in the 64bit version of Buzz I just immediately went back to Buzz32
That bad huh? I was thinking about having both so I could develop and test my machines on both formats. Haven't really tried 64bit yet though it is installed.

Does anybody use the 64bit?
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

IXix wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 pmDoes anybody use the 64bit?
I tried to run Buzz64 about Christmas time,but when I tried to add more channels on great mixIO machine ,then Buzz crash.GUI is working.Then I finished testing.I'm sorry about this.Thanks for this great machine!!
Attachments
mixIO crash 01.jpg
mixIO crash 01.jpg (282.95 KiB) Viewed 7499 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
polac

Post by polac »

AFAIK Domtron was using the x64 version, mostly with my vst loaders only as he said. I wouldn't use the x64 version as there are machines not working properly. Also do the machines work like the matilde tracker for example? They access the wavetable, don't know if Oskari handles this somehow, I doubt it.
IXix

Post by IXix »

It's a shame it's so broken. I hope Oskari will get the urge to improve it sometime.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

I tried to run Buzz64 about Christmas time,but when I tried to add more channels on great mixIO machine ,then Buzz crash.GUI is working.Then I finished testing.I'm sorry about this.Thanks for this great machine!!
if this is a bug in mixio i'll fix it eventually, but it could be in buzz too, not sure...
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

I think,I'm wrong.It is possible to add many channels to mixIO,but when I connect some generator (playing notes),then Buzz crash.So it can be bug in Buzz ... I'm not sure.
Edit:Thank you UNZ!
Attachments
again.jpg
again.jpg (508.06 KiB) Viewed 7437 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
polac

Post by polac »

Also do the machines work like the matilde tracker for example? They access the wavetable, don't know if Oskari handles this somehow, I doubt it.
Although, it should be possible via memorymapped files or even via maintaining two wavetables in both processes(too much effort). :mrgreen:
tinga

Post by tinga »

BTDSys peerLFO, IX Split and Snowglobe Scalewalker seems to work fine, Accumulator crash :( , Magic, PeerTune, no assignments possible, Polac VSt loader works to load buzz 32bit machines.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:57 am BTDSys peerLFO, IX Split and Snowglobe Scalewalker seems to work fine, Accumulator crash :( , Magic, PeerTune, no assignments possible, Polac VSt loader works to load buzz 32bit machines.
Good to know some of my stuff works. I'll try to fix the stuff that doesn't.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:09 pm Good to know some of my stuff works. I'll try to fix the stuff that doesn't.
8-)
If Magic could work, I could survive in Buzz64, because it does every thing, isn't it, PeerState, midi, LFO, Accumulator (but I like so much The single Accumulator) etc...
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

polac wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 pm Also do the machines work like the matilde tracker for example? They access the wavetable, don't know if Oskari handles this somehow, I doubt it.
Today I tested Buzz64 again with some plugins and native buzz machines..
Mtrk3 works great :)
EDIT : I miss mixIO
Attachments
Q dreams.JPG
Q dreams.JPG (383.56 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
IXix

Post by IXix »

In theory, we can rebuild those machines whose sources are available for 64bit. I think the conversion should be fairly trivial for most of them. Browsing through dusty folders the other day, I was surprised how many I had gathered.

If nobody uses 64bit Buzz, there's little incentive for Oskari to improve it.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Of course I understand it. Thank you IXix anyway!and all coders.
Edit:When I wanted open this bmx file in 32 bit, buzz shows :' incompatible data', then crash. I'll upload next version. Sorry again
File saved in 32 buzz(removed AsioOut):
BMX Qdreams file with no plugins, just only DelayStudio VST effect. link: Delay Studio
MP3 remix QDreams just for fun : Q Dreams (mp3 file)

EDIT : May 21 2022
Another test buzz machines in Buzz64.I downloaded bmx from tinga here on forum in 'Snowmachines combined thread' ..
tinga wrote above :''BTDSys peerLFO, IX Split and Snowglobe Scalewalker seems to work fine'',
I think so. Magic x64 from IXix is working too(not tested in details).Guitar Chord from WDE works good!

EDIT: 12-17-2022 Buzz x64 to download : Buzz64 from WDE

Oldjazz files :
bmx + mp3
Q dreams BMX file :
Attachments
Q dreams.7z
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 166 times