thOke

Re: GuitarChordBox

Post by thOke »

images.png
images.png (11.11 KiB) Viewed 11563 times
tinga

Post by tinga »

I corrected the errors in the list :? , it's easer to see with the diagrams, I can add more, chords inversions, many chords are missing.
tinga wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 pmCode
Could the chord list become a parameter, and send the chord directly without pattern editor, a trigger ?
wde

Post by wde »

tinga wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:42 pm Could the chord list become a parameter, and send the chord directly without pattern editor, a trigger ?
Sure. I guess that parameter should be the index of the chord in the chord list and then in the chord window there should be line numbers?
tinga

Post by tinga »

wde wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:09 pm I guess that parameter should be the index of the chord in the chord list and then in the chord window there should be line numbers?
Yes, so "GuitarChord" will send notes directly to generators or Jeskola Arpeggio :?: (like PeerChord or Magic)
I still have to put some order in my list and complete it with more chords inversions, with the transpose option, it will be a nice chords bank, guitar chords are specific construction.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

I still have to put some order in my list and complete it with more chords inversions, with the transpose option, it will be a nice chords bank, guitar chords are specific construction.
Great Tinga! Thank you and thanks of course to wde :D
Huge work btw :shock:
wde

Post by wde »

Ok, so I added 'Transpose' and 'Play Chord' parameters.
tinga

Post by tinga »

wde wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:56 pm Ok, so I added 'Transpose' and 'Play Chord' parameters.
:dance: :dance: :dance:
Absolutely awesome! A new great peer machine, I am very motivated to write more chords, guitar chords are so beautiful, (I was in a other life guitar teacher).
Enormous thanks for this new amazing machine, I can rest my fingers :lol:
Maybe a clever numbering will be a great help to write chords progressions. I have to investigate, if someone have ideas.
Chords are now playing randomly with accumulator lfo and Corona, love it.
wde

Post by wde »

There was some issues with transpose, so fixed that.

UI improvement: if you run out of frets (when transposing up or with C#m for example) notes are moved up. On right side you can see what is the first fret for the chord.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Just one word : FAN-TAS-TIC!!!!! Just played with it and the free accoustic guitar vst by amplesound.

Just some thoughts :

Is it possible to have arpeggios based on the arpeggio mode of PatternXP mod or any other type of arpeggios ?
Like you choose the chord in GuitarChordBox and then which arpeggio is associated.

Can we have a sort of tweakable delay for each chord to emulate strumming ?
You have this in PeerChord : Note Delay Mode where you can adjust the delay and choose strum up or strum down but it is very very basic.

Thank you!!! :dance: :D

PS : Thank you Tinga too :lol: ;)
wde

Post by wde »

magmavander wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:30 pm Is it possible to have arpeggios based on the arpeggio mode of PatternXP mod or any other type of arpeggios ?
Like you choose the chord in GuitarChordBox and then which arpeggio is associated.
No but you could send the chords to ARP machine that generates arpeggios.
Can we have a sort of tweakable delay for each chord to emulate strumming ?
That is the next thing I'm adding to the machine :D Please download again. There is also randomize delay parameter.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Yeah!! Great adds :dance:
The random delay is really cool at low value, very interesting to humanize the "play".
The delay works also very very well.
I think it can be cool ;) for simulating strumming down and up like this :

DOWN
-0 delay >>0
-1 delay >> 1
-2 delay >> 2
-3 delay >> 3
-4 delay >> 4
-5 delay >> 5

UP :
-0 delay >>5
-1 delay >> 4
-2 delay >> 3
-3 delay >> 2
-4 delay >> 1
-5 delay >> 0

In the example I have put low numbers but you can add bigger to improve the strum of course.

This delay can be also used for simple arpeggios (up/down). I have to see how to send arpeggios to guitarchordbox.

Great work, very cool gui, easy to use. A Buzz fx masterpiece :dance: :dance: :dance:
tinga

Post by tinga »

The delay control is excellent, it can give a natural play, 2000 ms is a very cool option, I have to extend the 6 notes chords, and chords inversion, I suppose there is around 2000 locations for chords...
tinga

Post by tinga »

magmavander wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 pm I have to see how to send arpeggios to guitarchordbox.

Great work, very cool gui, easy to use. A Buzz fx masterpiece :dance: :dance:
Use Jeskola Arpeggiator and send chords to it, and yes a masterpiece.
wde

Post by wde »

tinga wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:23 pm The delay control is excellent, it can give a natural play, 2000 ms is a very cool option, I have to extend the 6 notes chords, and chords inversion, I suppose there is around 2000 locations for chords...
I'll leave it to you to decide the chords we should add ;)

In your next update, can you add '//' to the beginning of rows that are not note rows ('//' indicates that the rest of the text on that row is comments). This would allow me to just copy the data to the machine. Like this:

Code: Select all

"Faug,-,-,F-4,A-4,C#5,F-5",
//__________________________________

"E,E-3,B-3,E-4,G#4,B-4,E-5",
You can also add comments if you want. Might help if you need to group things up or something.

Code: Select all

// Here is my comment about the following...
// Bla bla
"Em7,E-3,B-3,D-4,G-4,B-4,E-5",
"Em7,E-3,B-3,E-4,G-4,D-5,G-5",
Fixed some UI issues. Please download again.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Sorry for this late response, I was a little bit sick these passed weeks, more chords and corrections.
tinga wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 pmMore chords
I will just add some chords and verify a last time the list.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Finally the last list,
tinga wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:20 pmMore chords
The order is always Major minor Dominant, the last part of the list is different, power chords, triads, progressions.
Chords have only 3 functions Tonic, Subdominant and Dominant (T,SD,D), dominant chords are always a fifth degree and need a resolution.
A pdf about the 3 harmony we have Major (minor nat), harmonic minor, and melodic minor, these 3 scales generate all the chords we use.
Harmo_memo_2013.7z
(189.32 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
wde

Post by wde »

tinga wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:01 pm Finally the last list
Excellent and thank you so much. Now I really need to start practicing this stuff ;)

I think the machine itself is pretty much done. We can add more chords later but those will be added to the bottom of the list so that songs won't break. Source added.
tinga

Post by tinga »

wde wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:37 pm I think the machine itself is pretty much done. We can add more chords later but those will be added to the bottom of the list so that songs won't break.
Yes, I have some ideas for some adds, and I thought the list for that, of course the list is not complete, but its enough :lol: , for a single C chord C,E,G we have more than 60 possibilities, chords is the most complex thing in western music, and it was very interesting for me to investigate with another point of you, I have discover new things, (I play guitar since 50 years).
I will verify a last time with the new update if there isn't to much errors, and maybe write something about chords use.
Guitar chords are very cool with electric piano.