new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

polac

Re: new pvst beta (updated 29-Mar-2019)

Post by polac »

Hmm with my midi out devices it works just fine.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Might just be me, but experienced it with two interfaces (steinberg UR44 and a midiface 4x4 midi usb thing) and while using loopmidi and midi ox.
polac

Post by polac »

it seems the host set a parameter (Mod 4 Amt)
Steve said this here, so did you automate this vst parameter in your song? I tried it to reproduce but no problems here.
polac

Post by polac »

Might just be me, but experienced it with two interfaces (steinberg UR44 and a midiface 4x4 midi usb thing) and while using loopmidi and midi ox.
I tested here with a cheapo usb midi interface and an old terratec ewx24/96 midi.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

polac wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:50 am I'll check Serum as I own that too. Steve says i set a wrong parameter value. Usually i'm not saving the values on song saving and I doubt that serum does not save chunkbased. I'll take a closer look.
I think the Serum issue is just a symptom of a wider issue where occasionally, for whatever reason, PVST corrupts the "current settings" data. It's weird and intermittent, I can describe it but I can't force it to happen. The affected machine will play fine within the Buzz session, but when you save .BMX's all that's written is gibberish. You don't notice anything amiss until you try to load that .BMX again, and get the dreaded INIT preset of whatever machine just got gobbled (or something vaguely similar to INIT - with Serum, often it'll be default sawtooth wavetables but with most of the modulations still enabled).

polac wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:50 am My Brother owns Microtonic and found out the following:

Microtonic forgets its registration in Windows 10 here too, you can fix it by setting compatibility mode to Windows 7(the vst.exe or the Buzz.exe).
I'm on Windows 7.

I've actually noticed that a lot of 64-bit VSTs have had troubles authenticating, but 32 bit versions seem okay - is there anything that comes to mind that might explain this? Either something on the .EXE end that differs between the vst.exe / vst64.exe, or something locally to my machine? I'm running 32 bit Buzz on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Also, I did an even more rigorous runthrough on the Sonic Charge machines, and figured out exactly how to trigger a "forgotten registration" on the 64 bit versions. I don't think this is the only reason registrations are forgotten (there's reports of Microtonic forgetting its registration on FLStudio as well), but it's one that I can reproduce 100% of the time.

Simply put, Buzz/PVST can allow one Sonic Charge VSTi, and one Sonic Charge VST, per project. If you try to add a second different machine of the same instrument/effect family, that machine will have its registration information purged.

So:

Microtonic, then a second Microtonic = Fine - you're "allowed" as many separate instances of a particular VST(i) as your machine can handle.
Microtonic, then Synplant = Synplant becomes deregistered.
Synplant, then Microtonic = Microtonic becomes deregistered.
Microtonic, then Bitspeek = Fine, since one is an instrument and the other is an effect.
Bitspeek, then Echobode = Echobode becomes deregistered.

This is per-project, so:

Microtonic, new project, then Synplant = Fine.

However, once a machine is deregistered, it's "forever" deregistered until you re-register (thankfully, Sonic Charge doesn't cap the overall re-registrations - at this point I would not recommend using Buzz with any super-strict VSTs, though I also would not recommend using super-strict VSTs in general :D). So:

Microtonic, then Synplant = Synplant becomes deregistered.
New project, Synplant = Synplant still deregistered.

This only happens with the 64-bit versions (in Buzz 32, on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro).

Magnus (Sonic Charge guru) has been really helpful and patient with me, if you wanted to reach out to him I'm sure he'd be helpful with the "under the hood" sort of technical information that might help figure out why PVST is doing this.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Would it be possible to get a complete list of files and registry keys I'll need to delete for a completely-clean reinstall of PVST?
polac

Post by polac »

Delete this regkey and this folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Polac
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Jeskola\Buzz\Polac ASIO

C:\Users\*yourname*\AppData\Roaming\Polac
polac

Post by polac »

New version available.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Thank you :dance: :D :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Candle

Post by Candle »

8-) Polac :D

You should update the thread name to reflect the new update date so to avoid confusion.

See You In The Shadows…
polac

Post by polac »

Candle wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:40 pm 8-) Polac :D

You should update the thread name to reflect the new update date so to avoid confusion.

See You In The Shadows…
Yes I forgot to update the header, it's updated now. However it does not show the latest date on the main forum page, odd.
rav

Re: new pvst beta (updated 2-Jul-2020)

Post by rav »

Thank you!

Unfortunately i have dramatic problems with bridged vsts (x64) now. Going to plugin preferences last tab could cause a crash. Also its impossible to reload saved projects with x64 plugins! :? I have tried only Valhalla, but before update they were ok.

regardless of this update: from some time many plugins (i think only x64) have problems with showing clickable menus - probably something has changed in popular frameworks like JUCE - Valhalla plugins are also examples of this behavior.
IXix

Post by IXix »

rav wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 amUnfortunately i have dramatic problems with bridged vsts (x64) now. Going to plugin preferences last tab could cause a crash. Also its impossible to reload saved projects with x64 plugins! :? I have tried only Valhalla, but before update they were ok.
Working fine here as far as I can tell. Can you make a test bmx with just the Valhalla freebies?
rav wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 amfrom some time many plugins (i think only x64) have problems with showing clickable menus - probably something has changed in popular frameworks like JUCE - Valhalla plugins are also examples of this behavior.
I can confirm that happens with Valhalla Supermassive (it's impossible to use the Mode and Preset menus in the GUI) but the older Valhalla Freq Echo isn't affected.
thOke

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:35 am
rav wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 amfrom some time many plugins (i think only x64) have problems with showing clickable menus - probably something has changed in popular frameworks like JUCE - Valhalla plugins are also examples of this behavior.
I can confirm that happens with Valhalla Supermassive (it's impossible to use the Mode and Preset menus in the GUI) but the older Valhalla Freq Echo isn't affected.
workaround:
https://forums.jeskola.net/viewtopic.php?p=14049#p14049
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pmworkaround:
Thanks thOke, hadn't seen that. :)
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Didn't install any updates in Waves central account.Some Waves plugins disappear from right click machine view.
Another are there still.. weird :? Tried to go back to b33 PVST,but same results. I hope,I'll fix that soon... :lol:
EDIT : Fixed.Installed all VSTshells plugins again with new system . Waves Central version:11.0.60,but not in Windows 7 :cry:
It is unfair, they don't support W7 anymore,total fail. W10 is rubbish :(
EDIT 2 :They support W7 ,but you need to install V10.Chat:
Attachments
Chat.PNG
Chat.PNG (24.75 KiB) Viewed 9784 times
W central 11.0.60.PNG
W central 11.0.60.PNG (1.56 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
Last edited by temporalsounds on Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rav

Post by rav »

rav wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:06 amUnfortunately i have dramatic problems with bridged vsts (x64) now. Going to plugin preferences last tab could cause a crash. Also its impossible to reload saved projects with x64 plugins! :? I have tried only Valhalla, but before update they were ok.
Working fine here as far as I can tell. Can you make a test bmx with just the Valhalla freebies?
Ok - i have made more tests. It looks like that i can't reload only projects with SuperMassive x64 - BMX attached
loadder.gif
loadder.gif (5.1 KiB) Viewed 10375 times
I have had crash with going to preferences last tab 3 times more, but cant reproduce it for now. Today it crashed on Valhalla FreqEcho x64.
Attachments
polac loadder test.7z
(2.34 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
rav

Post by rav »

thOke wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:30 pm
workaround:
Yeah i know about that - thanks :)
Faster workaround for now is to not use x64 plugins, if it is possible.

I have found a couple of new/updated plugins which behaves like that, but only in x64 versions - strange. For now i have hope, that it not be a standard also for x86 after a couple of months...