new pvst beta (updated 03-Dec-2023)

domtron

Re: new pvst beta (updated 24-Jan-2012)

Post by domtron »

ah,i can't load buzz machines (only a few) in x64 and also no x86 vst's plugins.is that correct?
can't wait...honestly... :mrgreen:
mute

Post by mute »

It's time to take a moment and say how holy f'in bad ass the newest version is. Not only for the 64<->32<-64> shit, but the wavetable per instance thing (or use the global/buzz one!) is freaking AMAZING. And the wave editor is outstanding! When do we get to see the actual Pattern Mode in action? I'm so flippin' excited about this..!

Frank, you are constantly surprising and awesome.
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

Wavetable GUI team reacts to awesome new pvst wavetable: [not safe for work, being taken seriously, lounging, or children] http://www.vidarholen.net/~vidar/rage/1 ... 13982.html
tinga

Post by tinga »

domtron wrote:ah,i can't load buzz machines (only a few)
No trouble here to load buzz generators or effects in Polac's vst, but i've not tried all the machines.

What/where is the new wave table, could we have 2 waves table? to have more samples, and an alternative editor? (actually i use br808 and the save bank option to have more sample in a bmx).
mantratronic

Post by mantratronic »

tinga wrote:What/where is the new wave table, could we have 2 waves table? to have more samples, and an alternative editor? (actually i use br808 and the save bank option to have more sample in a bmx).
rightclick on the vst window. you can even switch between the buzz wavetable and individual vst wavetables!
thOke

Post by thOke »

much appreciated !!! :D :o 8-)

... but it does not load buzz gens or fx anymore (message says error in pbuzz.dll) , the x64 dlls are filed under 'unknown' and this wave table is not there ... ?!?!?!?
tested with a fresh buzz bld 1437 installation.

is that my win xp sp3 or am i missing something else ??
polac

Post by polac »

domtron wrote:ah,i can't load buzz machines (only a few) in x64 and also no x86 vst's plugins.is that correct?
can't wait...honestly... :mrgreen:

... but it does not load buzz gens or fx anymore, the x64 dlls are filed under 'unknown' and this wave table is not there ... ?!?!?!?
Well, at least the buzz loader under winxp did not work yesterday, I used some win7/vista only stuff by mistake, but that should be fixed now.

However it should be possible to run x86 machines/vsts via loader in buzz64 too, here it works fine.
When do we get to see the actual Pattern Mode in action? I'm so flippin' excited about this..!
I'm still working on it, it'll take some weeks though. It's almost ready but no load/save implemented yet.
polac

Post by polac »

thOke wrote:much appreciated !!! :D :o 8-)

... but it does not load buzz gens or fx anymore (message says error in pbuzz.dll) , the x64 dlls are filed under 'unknown' and this wave table is not there ... ?!?!?!?

is that my win xp sp3 or am i missing something else ??
Also I would bin the *.x64.dlls when using winxp, unless you want to see them flooding the machines tab :).
strobotone

Re: new pvst beta (updated 25-Jan-2012)

Post by strobotone »

this is just incredible. great to have you guys!
nikto

Post by nikto »

awesome! thank you! :ugeek:
ags

Post by ags »

Polac you genius.
thOke

Post by thOke »

polac wrote:

... but it does not load buzz gens or fx anymore, the x64 dlls are filed under 'unknown' and this wave table is not there ... ?!?!?!?
Well, at least the buzz loader under winxp did not work yesterday, I used some win7/vista only stuff by mistake, but that should be fixed now.

However it should be possible to run x86 machines/vsts via loader in buzz64 too, here it works fine.
All fine now ... buzz machines are loading and i found the gorgeous wave table !!
the x64 stuff i will try when i bought a new pc.

Thanks a lot for fixing it so quickly !!!!
domtron

Post by domtron »

ooh, i feel so newbish. :oops:

in my hustle i've overlooked the "bin32" folder.

slap-slap... :D

...now i'll begin to explore...
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

mantratronic wrote:Wavetable GUI team reacts to awesome new pvst wavetable: [not safe for work, being taken seriously, lounging, or children] http://www.vidarholen.net/~vidar/rage/1 ... 13982.html
:lol:

Still waiting for scan to finish before I can try out the new stuff (note to self: really must thin out VST collection one of these days).

So exciting to see such a post from the mighty Polac.
mute

Post by mute »

polac wrote:
When do we get to see the actual Pattern Mode in action? I'm so flippin' excited about this..!
I'm still working on it, it'll take some weeks though. It's almost ready but no load/save implemented yet.
It would cool if the load/save also incorporated it's own favorites/presets type system where we could load 'super' patches that contain the pattern data ;x
mute

Re: new pvst beta (updated 26-Jan-2012)

Post by mute »

Mr. Polac sir, question.

I remember sometime back figuring out there was a way to select 'Favorites' from the gloabl Program column in the pattern editor. It involved using a certain range. I can't seem to figure it out again, and theres no documentation. Am I crazy?
polac

Re: new pvst beta (updated 26-Jan-2012)

Post by polac »

mute wrote: I remember sometime back figuring out there was a way to select 'Favorites' from the gloabl Program column in the pattern editor. It involved using a certain range. I can't seem to figure it out again, and theres no documentation. Am I crazy?
Hi, not exactly the favorites, but what you could do is to switch to "program map" mode in the favorites dialog and then drag your preferred presets onto the program map. You still can't change them via the global program column, but instead you can use the 'program change' track command to switch. Quite cumbersome I admit.
mute

Re: new pvst beta (updated 28-Jan-2012)

Post by mute »

Yeah, thats what I do now.. but for some reason I thought there was a way to select from favorites. Must be the old age ;) Thanks for the assist.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Now we're at the noob'ish questions, is there a random command like "30" in matilde tracker? That's the one that randomizes whether to play the note or not. I use that quite a lot. - Loosely quoted from the help file:
30 XX - Probability for sample being played (or note-off being triggered):
  • 01 = will almost certainly not be played
  • 80 = 50% chance it will play
  • FF = almost certain.
If this also worked for note-off commands, it would be even wilder, but matilde is unfortunately somewhat buggly.
mute

Post by mute »

^--- Commands are in PVST's help file, the command for probability is 10.. just like in Mtrk (and most trackers of the past really.. stemmed from ProTracker).

I've run across a bug in PVST since the update with the plugin Drumatic 3 (free drum machine I use alot)

For some reason, when you play a kick/bass note aka C-3, the output goes insane (clipped/loud). It doesn't happen with the rest of the Kit.. so its really odd.

I've tried all the various settings and turned multithreading on and off in Buzz and in PVST, but no luck. This doesn't happen on the older PVSTs, no matter what Buzz's settings are.

http://www.e-phonic.com/plugins/drumatic3.php