EasyRec

HerrFornit

Re: EasyRec

Post by HerrFornit »

Hi WDE,

I tried the first test setup a bit further and found this (s. picture). The yellow line does not extend to Audio 06 (brighter background, too). I put the Audio 06 by drag n drop into AudioBlock. Its a sample of the new compiled Loop recorder. The other 5 are automatically recorded first with EasyRec. Does loop recorder cut the silence at the beginning? The silence at the beginning of Audio 02 (green) is correct this time. It should be the same in Audio 06. Or do I use loop recorder in a wrong way?
Edit: Forget first part with the yellow line, forget to add a track :oops: So no bug of course!
EDIT: Probably threshold detection in LoopRec for recording start, hm then it cant be used to compare to EasyRec?

EDIT2: I think I have found the reason for the extra 2 ms (or so) silence! I remembered a recent dialogue with temporalsounds here in the forum where I discovered that I have the MachineDelayCompensation in the settings of BUZZ on "true", switching it to false" removes a little bit of the silence !! Don't you need it?
EasyRecAudioBlockMultichannel LoopRec.jpg
EasyRecAudioBlockMultichannel LoopRec.jpg (96.94 KiB) Viewed 5266 times
Last edited by HerrFornit on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm Does loop recorder cut the silence at the beginning?
LR starts to record when it detects sound. EasyRec records immediately.
HerrFornit wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 pm Don't you need it?
Yes, if you want to sync all machines precisely. This means that if a machine introduces latency/delay and you have the MachineDelayCompensation enabled then all machines are delayed the same amount. This is why you get the x ms silence at the beginning. You might disable it if the delay does not hurt the composition.

To improve workflow, I added an option that enables LR to render directly to Wavetable.
Jeskola Loop Recorder WT.zip
(12.05 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Last edited by wde on Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Ok, thanx.
But, recording an instrument, e.g. AGML see picture waveforms, results in an out of sync playing when MachineDelayCompensation is true (green waveform, yellow false). So I have then out of sync problem in playback situations, although delay should be compensated ?!

To be in the example: recording a sample into AudioBlock and playback with the original instrument simultaneously results in an out of sync playing when MDC is true, not so when it is false. That's a problem when recording live with playback, e.g. recording a vocal. (set it makes sense to use MDC, but as you said it makes sense).

Am I wrong?
AudioblockMachineDelayCompensation.jpg
AudioblockMachineDelayCompensation.jpg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 5047 times
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

This machine is fantastic! It's so good to be able to record directly to the wavetable and pick a slot with a pattern again. Thank you wde :dance:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

I can load EasyRec, but it will not connect (connection failed)
Am I missing something? :?
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

Suggestion for file naming:

Instead of EasyRecMachineName BMXName Timecode by default, I think BMXName EasyRecMachineName Timecode would be better.

If dumping everything from the Wavetable to a single directory (less fiddling about and changing gears in mid-project, can always go back and add more granular organization later on imo), the most "defining" characteristic is which song the recordings are from. So when sorting that directory by filename, BMX/Machine/Time allows all projects to be naturally grouped together, whereas Machine/BMX/Time doesn't afford that same organization.
Klangkulisse wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:41 pm I can load EasyRec, but it will not connect (connection failed)
Am I missing something? :?
Just a few minutes ago, I added some EasyRecs to a project and got a "zombie instance" - the first of the three had a default pattern (which is not standard EasyRec behavior - normally you have to create the "00" pattern manually, and add EasyRec to Sequence Editor manually), and after running didn't actually save anything to the Wavetable despite being configured the same as the other two, working, instances. Haven't been able to get this to reproduce yet, but maybe worth keeping an eye on?

Deleting the "zombieRec" and adding a new EasyRec cleared everything up.
wde

Post by wde »

River Cricket wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:02 am Suggestion for file naming:

Instead of EasyRecMachineName BMXName Timecode by default, I think BMXName EasyRecMachineName Timecode would be better.
Can't get BMXName but now you can define whatever prefix. New version has also overwrite parameter.
IXix

Post by IXix »

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm loving that everyone is helping to make these machines even better - & that you great Devs are continuing to develop these great machines!

Will have to play around with the new version tonight/this weekend. I'm looking forward to it! :mrgreen:

See You In The Shadows…
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

wde wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:45 pm
River Cricket wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:02 am Suggestion for file naming:

Can't get BMXName but now you can define whatever prefix. New version has also overwrite parameter.
Hah, I managed to confuse myself there - happened to have a BMX named after the date. It's a testament to the amazingness of this tool that I didn't even bat an eyelash wondering how a machine could possibly read the filename :D
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

The gui of your machines is always great graphicaly 8-)
Nice, clear and elegant.