AudioBlock

IXix

Re: AudioBlock

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:12 amUpdated but code is very messy. You have been warned ;)
Hehe, thanks! :D
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

tried to add volume curve points in a certain zoomfactor resulting in adding points at the left visible border. not movable.
AddPointWindow.jpg
AddPointWindow.jpg (41.72 KiB) Viewed 8702 times
after resizing to full length of sample trying to move points ended in this: also mscorlib error out of range negativ values... when touching one of the points
AddPointWindow2.jpg
AddPointWindow2.jpg (38.21 KiB) Viewed 8702 times
AddPointWindowMScorlib.jpg
AddPointWindowMScorlib.jpg (100.96 KiB) Viewed 8701 times
wde

Post by wde »

• Fixes
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

thank you! recent bug seems to be fixed. 8-)
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

sorry, the "snapping the points to left margin" is not gone. but no crash so far.

I use the same wavfile for several patterns and moving the wave position slider and wave length slider for adding volume curve, then it happens when I want or move a point or add a new one -snap!

EDIT: OK, I am a bit confused about the vertical lines, probably no bug, just snapped to next beat out of sight :oops:
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:46 pm EDIT: OK, I am a bit confused about the vertical lines, probably no bug, just snapped to next beat out of sight :oops:
Yeah, I couldn't reproduce it.

Updated: Small fixes and improvements.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

I was thinking about how to humanize a vocal sample played via AudioBlock.
Then I tried to load AudioBlock into the poloacVSti loader to use its humanization possibilities, what of course did not work. Do you know a way to humanize a sample in AUdioBlock to give it some natural variation?
wde

Post by wde »

HerrFornit wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:10 pm I was thinking about how to humanize a vocal sample played via AudioBlock.
Then I tried to load AudioBlock into the poloacVSti loader to use its humanization possibilities, what of course did not work. Do you know a way to humanize a sample in AUdioBlock to give it some natural variation?
Not sure how well this works but you could add Jeskola Delay effect after AB. Set dry through 0, delay length ms, wet out 100%, feedback 0%. Now you can change/variate the delay length to delay audio signal.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

wde wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm Not sure how well this works but you could add Jeskola Delay effect after AB. Set dry through 0, delay length ms, wet out 100%, feedback 0%. Now you can change/variate the delay length to delay audio signal.
AH yes, that works thanx. Perhaps with some automation for variability. Perhaps somebody knows how to do that with a peer machine?
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

This is going to come in handy! Importing stem tracks has always been a pain, even with the AudioTrack plugin. Now I can do all kinds of remixing and whatnot. :dance: :dance: :dance:
rav

Post by rav »

If you add waveform and show Audio View for the first time in buzz with default GUI, then you can see warning window here. With Mire works ok for example.
wde

Post by wde »

rav wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:28 pm If you add waveform and show Audio View for the first time in buzz with default GUI, then you can see warning window here. With Mire works ok for example.
Can't reproduce. Might be theme issue.
  • Small improvement for MSE.
wde

Post by wde »

• Undo/Redo + other fixes
  • Drag&Drop audio directly to pattern
  • Changed resampler to r8brain-free-src. You can remove LibSampleRate.dll, libsamplerate-0.x64.dll and libsamplerate-0.x86.dll from Buzz folder.
  • Real time resampler enabled by default. No need to resample waves in wavetable since the quality is the same.
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:26 pm 1.2.3.0
  • Undo/Redo + other fixes
  • Drag&Drop audio directly to pattern
  • Changed resampler to r8brain-free-src. You can remove LibSampleRate.dll, libsamplerate-0.x64.dll and libsamplerate-0.x86.dll from Buzz folder.
  • Real time resampler enabled by default. No need to resample waves in wavetable since the quality is the same.
Cool, thanks! Any chance you could update the source zip? I'd like to build for x64 again.
wde

Post by wde »

Fixes and sources updated.

At least with long samples you might get into trouble if multiple samples get redrawn too often in AudioBlock or MSE. I suspect some kind of collision with threads and Wavetable but I'm not really expert on that stuff. You can set UpdateWaveGFXWhenStopped from settings if you encounter these type of issues.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

wde wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 pm 1.2.3.1

Fixes and sources updated.

At least with long samples you might get into trouble if multiple samples get redrawn too often in AudioBlock or MSE. I suspect some kind of collision with threads and Wavetable but I'm not really expert on that stuff. You can set UpdateWaveGFXWhenStopped from settings if you encounter these type of issues.
Do you mean slowing down the song til all waves are ploted? (calculated) ;)
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 pmFixes and sources updated.
Many thanks! :dance:
wde

Post by wde »

Small improvements and cleanups. Works quite well now but let me know if there are any issues.

Tried on Buzz 64bit. You can unzip the same binaries and it should work since the zip includes also 64 bit versions of needed libraries.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

A few minutes ago, AB crashed, it's sound was muted, I was using break/mute sequence commands when it happened to shorten AB pattern. AB's GUI and buzz was still working.
rav

Post by rav »

wde wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:55 pm 1.2.3.2
Add waveform to AudioBlock, then add Modern Sequence Editor, then add pattern, after that mscorlib error appears on adding pattern or zooming operations. Also zooming in AudioBlock is related to this.