Files needed to install Buzz

magmavander

Files needed to install Buzz

Post by magmavander »

Hello,

I'm remaking my old videos on how to install Buzz.
In the first part I am showing the installation of Buzz + installation of machines (thanks Tinga to the compressed files of generators and effects).
Later it will be installing Polac VST loader and how to intall and use VST.
Then it will be PatternXP mod and maybe the Peer and autogenerated music, if I have enough time.

For the first part I want to keep it as simple as possible, which is easy because the buzz install is quite easy.
BUT... some external files are requisite.
Can someone give me a complete list of external files that are needed ? Like the msvcr, the visual c++, etc ?
That would be really cool.

Thanks!!
Candle

Re: Files needed to install Buzz

Post by Candle »

The not-dev has his thinking cap on again (sorry). Back in the day, there were various Buzz Install Packages available on the old buzzmachines.com site. Yeah, they were all "Old" Buzz Versions, but would it not be possible (even desirable?) to have a modern Buzz Install Package with the latest version & all of the latest Machines? If the Buzz Install is simplified (run this one *.exe file & you're done), it would probably be a lot less daunting for anyone new wanting to give our great DAW a try & for us old hands - it would help us greatly when we need to re-install Buzz for whatever technical malfunctioning reasons that would necessitate a re-install. Again, just me thinking out loud. But as I say, I'm not a dev (I know a little Basic & BSS Forum Code, that's about it) & wouldn't know where to start on such a project.

Great idea to update the How To Videos, tho, magmavander!

See You In The Shadows…
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

If you do the clean install and get the rest of the machines through Buzz I'm not sure if you need any extra DLL's.
The annoying part is that the extra machines are downloaded in a folder under your user profile, so you can't search them like the machines you get by default.
You need to copy them into the gear/effects folder under your buzz installation location for that to work.

With those machines you'll probably need some extra DLL's indeed. I've been setting up my new laptop with a new Buzz install, and so far I had to copy the msvcr70.dll to get some extra machines to work.

I wrote my steps down for reference what I did so far, so I might as well paste it here:

- Install buzz
- Get all machines
- Stereo-fy effects (Leedragon_mono2stereo_v2)
- copy msvcr70.dll (fix tubescreamer?) into the Buzz root folder
- copy "ryg's analog distort" + stereo DLL to the effects folder (it's in Generators)
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

Candle wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:34 pm The not-dev has his thinking cap on again (sorry). Back in the day, there were various Buzz Install Packages available on the old buzzmachines.com site. Yeah, they were all "Old" Buzz Versions, but would it not be possible (even desirable?) to have a modern Buzz Install Package with the latest version & all of the latest Machines? If the Buzz Install is simplified (run this one *.exe file & you're done), it would probably be a lot less daunting for anyone new wanting to give our great DAW a try & for us old hands - it would help us greatly when we need to re-install Buzz for whatever technical malfunctioning reasons that would necessitate a re-install. Again, just me thinking out loud. But as I say, I'm not a dev (I know a little Basic & BSS Forum Code, that's about it) & wouldn't know where to start on such a project.

Great idea to update the How To Videos, tho, magmavander!

See You In The Shadows…
There used to be some sort of "big maching pack" by a guy named Lazer-something, which had all the machines in a single zip, including all necessary DLL's etc.
Been thinking something like that would be great indeed, a single installer that just sets up Buzz with a bunch of safe machines, so everything works out of the box.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Thanks!
For my videos I use the Tinga's packs. It's quite complete but some newest machines are not there (wde, IX and some few others).
You can get the pack of generator and the pack of effects here :
http://zabumba.free.fr/generative/buzz.html
Candle

Post by Candle »

I like Tinga's machine packs as well. They're complete (other than the newer machines you mentioned, Mag).

It would be really cool if Robotplanet had all the latest machines listed there. It does a good job for what it has in its database. I realize Robotplanet is at the mercy of Devs uploading their machines (or the latest versions) to its servers. I just sometimes find it hard digging thru the forums looking for the latest version of a machine that is available here but not on Robotplanet. If Robotplanet was more up-to-date, maybe someone could write a script or tiny program that could scan your machines directory and let you know if there's any new or updated machine versions that you could then add to your setup.

Mag: I'm also rather fond of The Hamster Alliance's Buzz Machine Preset Pack. I can't remember if that's included in Tinga's Machine Pack or if I installed that separately…

See You In The Shadows…