PatternXP RE

wde

PatternXP RE

Post by wde »

PatternXP Restyle Edition :dance:

PXPRE.png
PXPRE.png (75.51 KiB) Viewed 8595 times

Started with adjusting colors but ended up borrowing some ideas from Ctrl-Q WIP editor.
  • UI adjustments
  • Ctrl-Alt-C: Toggle color coded notes
  • Ctrl-Alt-T: Toggle toolbars
  • Ctrl-Alt-F: Toggle follow play position in pattern
  • Ctrl-Alt-P: Toggle follow playing pattern (Selected pattern in toolbar will not be changed)
  • Ctrl-Alt-M: Midi edit
  • Ctrl-Alt-B: Blinking cursor
  • Should better auto-scale based on screen DPI
  • Blinking cursor indicates focused editor
  • PatternXP crash bug fixed
  • 32bit & 64bit support
  • PXP backwards compatible, overwrite original PXP in Gear/Generators
Try it with updated Mire (extended) theme.
Attachments
PatternXPRE.zip
(358.42 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
PatternXPRE_src.zip
(146.57 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Last edited by wde on Fri May 06, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
IXix

Re: PatternXP RE

Post by IXix »

Nice one! If you're feeling adventurous, any chance of adjusting the other fonts too? They're getting a bit hard to read these days! :lol:
wde

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:36 pm Nice one! If you're feeling adventurous, any chance of adjusting the other fonts too? They're getting a bit hard to read these days! :lol:
Do you mean within PXP? I agree that users with 4K monitors might start to suffer :)
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:36 am Do you mean within PXP? I agree that users with 4K monitors might start to suffer :)
Yeah, if the sizes for those could be adjusted that would be very handy.
wde

Post by wde »

Ok I increased font sizes - looks better. Can you also test 4K friendly horizontal seq editor.
Attachments
BuzzGUI.SequenceEditor.zip
(30.84 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Hi WDE!
Did I installed something wrong ?, because my chord dialog disappeared. :o
edit: Thank you WDE for restyle edition !
Attachments
pattern new.JPG
pattern new.JPG (116.08 KiB) Viewed 8480 times
wde

Post by wde »

temporalsounds wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:21 pm Did I installed something wrong ?, because my chord dialog disappeared. :o
You might have been using Pattern XP mod
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:04 pm Ok I increased font sizes - looks better. Can you also test 4K friendly horizontal seq editor.
Didn't notice anything different but I'm tired and my eyes are failing. Which ones were changed? I'm struggling to read the column (param) labels in PXP.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

OMG thank you for working on this! Attached is my lil mockup which I think would be teh single greatest qol feature for extensive pxp users like me. (I know I'm being an annoying "oo! oo! mee! my idea!" douchebag. Sorry, couldn't resist)
paste-selected.png
paste-selected.png (14.47 KiB) Viewed 8428 times
Maybe it should say "Selection". Just for copying one column selection view / template to another
wde

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:43 pm Didn't notice anything different but I'm tired and my eyes are failing. Which ones were changed? I'm struggling to read the column (param) labels in PXP.
You should see slightly bigger font sizes and pattern boxes once you overwrite BuzzGUI.SequenceEditor.dll (the horizontal one).
synthphase wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:29 am Maybe it should say "Selection". Just for copying one column selection view / template to another
You might achieve similar thing using current template system. For example:
  1. Add Qsamo
  2. Select columns you want to see in PatternXP
  3. Go back to machine view, select Qsamo and create template
Now if you drag&drop Qsamo template you see those columns you wanted. I added source if someone wants to further extend PXPRE.
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:56 pmYou should see slightly bigger font sizes and pattern boxes once you overwrite BuzzGUI.SequenceEditor.dll (the horizontal one).
Oh yeah, I see now and that is helpful but it's the PXP column labels that are really hard to read.
wde

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 pm Oh yeah, I see now and that is helpful but it's the PXP column labels that are really hard to read.
Ok, increased font sizes more. In addition, you see column description in tooltip and status bar.
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:32 pmOk, increased font sizes more. In addition, you see column description in tooltip and status bar.
That's much better, thanks! Tooltip is a good idea too.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Something odd, all the machine names have " | 00" appended to them. Assuming it's not ASCII art. :lol:
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

wde wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:56 pm
You might achieve similar thing using current template system. For example:
  1. Add Qsamo
  2. Select columns you want to see in PatternXP
  3. Go back to machine view, select Qsamo and create template
Now if you drag&drop Qsamo template you see those columns you wanted. I added source if someone wants to further extend PXPRE.
Sorry, should have been more clear, I'm talking about when you add a few machine params to an existing one, like for example when you decide to automate a reverb in the same chain as your snare drum, but want to be able to see where the snare hits are, pattern XP is made for such things.

But say you have x old patterns without the reverb columns or any of the other columns you might have added since the start of the production, you have to either make new patterns and copy over the old ones (avoiding pasting in the extra columns), or go back and add all the columns for everything in order to return to previous settings or keep the automation going. Right now it's a meticulous process regardless of how you do it, and if you forget to do it you might be wondering why earlier parts of your song don't sound like they used to.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

IXix wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:25 pm Something odd, all the machine names have " | 00" appended to them. Assuming it's not ASCII art. :lol:
That's the pattern number (the | separating the machine name and the pattern #)
IXix

Post by IXix »

mcbpete wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:32 pmThat's the pattern number (the | separating the machine name and the pattern #)
Duh! Can't believe I didn't realise that. Brain deterioration accelerating.

Seems a bit odd that it's repeated above every track but there's probably a good reason for that which my deteriorating brain has failed to notice. :lol:
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Hi.
I would like to build Pattern XP from the source code, but not success still. I'm getting always errors.
I tried to change platform toolset ,SDK , but not right results :? . I'm using VS 2019 ,Windows 8.1 x64.
I downloaded/installed some extensions (about 30 GB or more) :roll: and I think, I have fucked it up with that :cry:
I'm confused about settings target Win SDK versions ,Platform Toolset etc...
I'm not a programmer ,sorry my stupid questions. :oops:
thank you coders for your work
here are some images
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Go to Tools -> Get Tools and Features -> Individual Components
Then scroll allllll the way to the bottom to see what Windows 10 SDK you do have installed (I have 10.0.19041.0) and then choose that in the drop down in the properties page (the second image in your post)
(n.b. you'll also need 'C++ MFC For Latest v143 build Tools (x86 & x64)', type 'mfc' in the search box and it should be right near the top)
(also making sure you have the PatternXP source - https://github.com/chahur/Buzz-PatternXP - once downloaded rename the folder to 'buzz' and ensure it's in the same folder that PatternXPRE_src/ resides)
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Thank you mcbpete for response ! ;) ;)
I installed VS 2022 , because mfc v143 tools were not been available in VS2019.
I didn't rename that s.code folder to 'buzz' before ... first wrong step..
I selected this file to open :
settings:
then error message ,aaahhhh dam it ( :D :D ):

Thank you so much again you explained me the steps, I will try to build it again later ...