Modular synthesis versus Buzz

boombaxx

Modular synthesis versus Buzz

Post by boombaxx »

I think that is an unfair comparison. But they both have similar ways of working building blocks. I recently bought the Polyend Tracker. Some of the Buzz tech in this thing. The bios can be updated by anyone. I think it is cool but as a portable instrument that can be powered by usb who knows :dance:
mcbpete

Re: Modular synthesis versus Buzz

Post by mcbpete »

Don't forget about Blok for the world of modular within Buzz ;)

I'd love a stripped down version of Polyend that's just a 'tracker'-style midi controller to control any other DAW - It's has a bit too much for my needs (and as result I can't justify the cost - especially having something similar-ish with an Ableton Push)
DJ Saint-Hubert

Post by DJ Saint-Hubert »

mcbpete wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:20 pm Don't forget about Blok for the world of modular within Buzz ;)
I almost exclusively use Blok, a sampler and reverb here and there
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

sorry this is six months later, you can use modular synthesis with buzz. I have a massive DIY modular and I use it with buzz exclusively. Silent Way VST and a DC coupled interface is the way to go
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

If you guys haven't played with Cardinal VST, it's pretty amazing but kind of CPU heavy. It's fun for building modular soundscapes.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

nikmis wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:44 am sorry this is six months later, you can use modular synthesis with buzz. I have a massive DIY modular and I use it with buzz exclusively. Silent Way VST and a DC coupled interface is the way to go
That's so cool, do you have any more details on how your setup works?
nathansnider

Post by nathansnider »

For anyone interested, there is a free tracker module now for VCV Rack:

https://library.vcvrack.com/Biset

There are a few things that I think could be improved, but it's already quite useful. The developer is actively working on it and responsive to bug reports on Github, which is always good.